Chapter 17

Sorry for the lateness guys.

++++++

Chapter 17

'Dante

"What the fuck do you mean you can't help us?" I asked the boy in front of us, I learned his name was Quintin. God, I didn't like that name.

He leaned against the wall, a girl hanging onto him like some accessory. He shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't say I could help you, merely it's going to cost you a lot," he said, fiddling with the cigar in his long fingers. He took a deep drag and let it puff out. The smoke billowed out bout him and assaulted my senses. I scowled in distaste.

"What do you want then?" I asked exasperated. Seth was stoically standing beside me, his arms crossed over his chest. I could hear the soft rumbling growls coming from his throat. He was not pleased to be here.

He shrugged. "Simple. The souls of the girls in your little rebellion," he said it like he was asking about the weather. I gaped at him and Seth let out an almighty growl.

I looked at him incredulously. "What the fuck are you running here? What sacrificial satan shit is this? Forget it. We're fucking leaving, you sick fuck," I yelled out at him, pointing my fingers accusingly at him. He merely shrugged, his lips curled into a smirk. I wanted to beat that smirk off of him.

I turned to walk out of the room with Seth behind me, but the door closed with a slam. The deafening silence afterwards was horrible. I turned around, my eyes black, my face showing the resentment I felt at that very moment. My lips curled back showing my sharp fangs that protruded from my gums. My wings flapping noisily behind me.

"Open the door," I said simply. My blood boiling, simmering. He gave me a droll roll of his eyes.

He flicked his cigar slightly. "No can do. Since I can't help you, I have no leverage. So you have to stay here, or die," he said simply. I could see it now. No matter how innocent he looked, he was a demon. I saw the black veins crawling up the side of his face and arms, he opened his mouth and rows and rows of teeth were shown. I stepped back slightly. His eyes turned a crystal white. He smiled at me then, a cynical smile. One that promised of hell.

He looked like a demon, white blonde hair and all. I turned to Seth. He seemed angry, pissed off. His skin was trembling, moving almost as his body prepared for the shift. I stood closer to Seth. He turned to me. I gave a slight nod of my head before we both made a mad dash for Quintin. I wasn't prepared for what hit me next.

His little accessory bounded up. Her eyes shining white as she made a leap for me. I fell backwards, yelling out in pain as her claws dug into the flesh on my face. The door burst open and more demons came in. We were surrounded. I looked over and saw Seth in his wolf form, it must have been a full moon tonight. I turned to him, he was being surrounded but he was closer to the window.

"Run!" I yelled at him, before demons started piling on top of me. I punched out, feeling the familiar rising of my power surging through my body. The demons were hissing, their saliva falling down onto my skin and burning it like acid. I yelled out, Seth looked around wildly growling and trying to get them off of him. I said the first thing that came to mind, I knew who the only person was that could help me.

"Get Ava!" I screamed at Seth. He looked at me, whining as he battered more demons off of him, biting hard into one of their arms he savagely ripped it off. Quintin was yelling out orders, his eyes crazed. Seth made a mad leap for the window, crashing through it I heard the slight gallop of his paws as he ran away.

I was held down now, I could feel the burning of my energy inside of me, waiting to be released. I didn't have time to do anything though as a fist swung out of nowhere and effectively knocked me out stone cold.