Chapter 18

Hope you like!

^^^^^

Ch 18

Holden

I could barely get enough air into my lungs. I coughed hard and my body shuddered, blood spilled from my mouth, staining my teeth a brilliant red. My hands ached in my kneeling position. My back was scorching with pain, I was my pain, it was my entire existence. Nothing else mattered but the pain in my body. I coughed again, the blood splattered out onto the white floor, creating a grotesque contrast.

My body shuddered again as I tried to bring forth my dragon, he wouldn’t come. I tried screaming out, but I couldn’t. I collapsed down onto the floor, letting out a low moaning sound. I begged for death, I pleaded it. I wanted to be rid of this pain. The white hot pain of the boot striking me in my ribs had me gasping and yelling out. The man chuckled before walking away. I heard Axels’ breathing, I could smell him too,  the tangy smell of his blood flitted to my nose. I wanted to gag.

Axel must be dying, he could smell the blood around him. It was tantalizing his taste buds yet he wasn’t lucky enough to taste it. I turned around and saw Axel curled up on the floor, his eyes vacant as he stared at nothing in particular. His body shuddered, probably remembering the electric shocks. I turned around, my nails gripping onto the tiles as I dragged my body over towards him. I kept on pulling myself, my body screaming out in agony as I dragged my wounds across the floor. I imagine there were streaks of blood left in my wake.

I heaved myself up until my body was near Axel’s, “Here.” I shoved my wrist in his direction; his eyes had a dark purple tinge around them, his face looked weak and shallow, along with the stripes on his back he looked like utter shit. I’m sure I was not exactly looking any good either. “Drink,” I whispered. I could see it, Axel would die if he didn’t get proper blood. Licking it off the walls was not only degrading but it wouldn’t sustain him. He looked at me, his hands shaking he tried to protest but I glared at him.

“Fucking drink, Axel,” I hissed, my eyes closing slightly. He nodded feebly as he took my hand and his fangs pierced into my skin. I sucked in a breath, feeling the pull as my blood was drained.  I closed my eyes and let out a small groan, my head hitting the cold floor and then, all I saw was blackness.

*******

Ava

I was on the demon boy in minutes, I pushed him hard to the ground as my fist flew up in the air and crashed down into his face. I heard the satisfying crunch and watched as the black veins of his demon crawled across his skin. Good, he’s mad. I pulled myself off of him just as his fist flew past my face.

I rolled, landing on my feet, my weight evenly balanced between my two feet. I pulled out the dagger from my pants and stared at the demon. My eyes narrowed as my wings flapped behind me. His claws were out and his face was the picture of fury. I eyed him, my eyes watching the way he swayed from side to side ready to attack at any moment.  He lunged for me and I dodged to the right, spinning and landing against the dresser. He came at me again, snarling, his mouth open wide to reveal his rows of sharp teeth.

I lunged to the side as he lunged at me again, I heard the splintering of wood as his nails dug into the dresser. That could have been me.  I heard a loud whine that sounded like an animal’s downstairs and I got distracted.  I screamed out as I felt the claws rake down my back, it burnt so badly. Like acid had been thrown onto my body. I turned around livid, my hand holding the dagger in such a way that my palm was the support and I could get a greater cut this way. I slashed at him, catching him on the cheek.