Chapter 1: Tragedy of the Komorebi Village

Amidst the chilling aftermath of a demon attack, Hikaru Kagami, the esteemed Crystal Hashira, raced towards Komorebi Village, its desperate cries for help echoing in her ears. Komorebi Village was her hometown many years back, before she became a demon slayer.

Upon arrival, she was met with a haunting silence-the village lay desolate, its buildings razed and lives extinguished.

As despair threatened to consume her, a faint cry pierced the stillness, leading Hikaru Kagami to a heart-wrenching discovery atop a snow-blanketed mountain. Amidst the crimson-stained snow, a gravely injured couple clung to their new born daughter. The woman appeared to have already succumbed to her wounds.

The man, struggling to keep awake, whispered weakly, "Please... I'm begging you... Save my little girl... She's just a month old. I can feel my strength fading... I don't think I'll make it. Please, I'm pleading with you, keep her safe from those terrifying demons... You... Are you... Hikaru? It's been so long since I've seen you. I trust Tsukiyo will be safe in your care... She is Tsukiyo Amano. I'm grateful you are here..." With those poignant words, he succumbed to his injuries, his final breath escaping him as he clung tightly to his daughter, joining his wife on the other side of the veil.

Tears glistening in her eyes, Hikaru Kagami bent down to check on the baby, her resolve solidifying in the face of such heart-rending tragedy. With time slipping away and darkness closing in, she vowed to honour her fellow villagers' dying wish and protect the innocent child, Tsukiyo Amano, from the lurking threat of demons.

Tsukiyo had soft, porcelain-like skin that glowed with a subtle radiance, reminiscent of moonlight. Her delicate features were framed by wisps of fine, black hair that shimmered faintly, adding to her ethereal appearance. Her large, expressive eyes were a captivating shade of brown, reflecting a curious and gentle nature.

Despite her young age, there was a serene and wise quality about her, hinting at the strength and resilience that would define her character as she grew older. Wrapped in a cozy blanket adorned with soft celestial patterns, baby Tsukiyo exuded a sense of warmth and innocence that endeared her to everyone who laid eyes on her.

"Tsukiyo Amano, right? Don't worry, I will protect you. We are the last remnants of the Komorebi Village. I promise to protect you with all my strength," Hikaru declared with unwavering determination. "Let's confront and vanquish the demons responsible for our village's devastation, and protect as many people as we can."