CHAPTER 46: WARM UP

The anticipation hung heavy in the air as both the Shizen and Raimon teams geared up for the forthcoming match. Each member engaged in rigorous warm-up routines, stretching muscles and focusing minds in preparation for the challenge ahead.

As the preparations drew to a close, the teams converged at the center of the field, a palpable tension radiating between them. They lined up, eyes locked, determination etched on every face.

Ryuu speaks up, his voice cutting through the charged atmosphere. "Allow me to elucidate the rules. It's quite simple: the first team to score a goal wins the whole match. Are we in accord?"

The revelation of this singular goal rule sent a ripple of surprise and confusion through the Raimon team. Questions hung in the air, demanding answers.

"Why just one goal?" Shinsuke queried, seeking clarity amidst the uncertainty.

Kouji, with a strained smile masking his true sentiments. "Well... Our dearest eldest brother will return imminently, therefore one goal will be enough for now," he explained, the weight of unspoken implications hanging heavy in the air.

Raimon's members exchanged glances, a silent understanding passing between them. They grasped the gravity of the situation, the urgency that propelled their opponents.

"Very well," Shindou conceded, accepting the terms with patient resolve.

With mutual understanding established, the two teams exchanged a firm handshake, a gesture of respect amidst the impending match. Taking their positions on the field, they braced themselves for the decisive moment that awaited.

🌸

As Shindou walked alongside Tsurugi and Kirino, his mind buzzed with strategies to counter the tactics thrown by the Shizen team.

"Tsurugi, right from the start, I want you, Kurama, and Hikaru to hit them hard on the offense, catch them off guard. We midfielders will stick close behind," Shindou instructed, his tone laced with the urgency of the impending match.

"But do you think that will be enough?" Tsurugi queried, a hint of skepticism in his voice.

"Honestly, it's a risk, considering we've only seen a glimpse of their tactics. Scoring might be tough, but we need to rattle their defense somehow," Shindou admitted, his gaze flickering with the weight of the challenge. Turning to Kirino, he continued. "Kirino, tighten our defenses. We can't afford to be caught off guard."

Kirino nodded in agreement, fully clasping Shindou's strategic approach.

"Shindou!" Ichino's voice cut through the air, urgency lacing his tone. "You might wanna look back!"

They turned to the other side of the field, greeted by an unexpected sight. The Shizen team, known for their rock-solid defense, had thrown a curveball. Ryu and Hiro had opted to sit out, leaving their team with just nine players. And to top it off, they had abandoned the goalkeeper position for this match.

Shizen team as usual on the defensive but what surprises them is that Ryuu and Hiro walk out of the field and take a seat on the bench, leaving the Shizen team with only nine members playing the match. Not just that, they don't have a goalkeeper on this game also.

"What are they up to?" Kirino pondered aloud, his brow furrowed in perplexity.

Seeing this new formation plan of the Shizen team, they don't like one bit of it. They are being belittled by them.

Then suddenly, Kurama couldn't contain his frustration. "Hey! Are you trying to mess with us? Challenging us with just nine players is downright insulting!"