CHAPTER 45: FINALLY

At Shizen Academy, Raimon found themselves in the Visitor Lounge, patiently awaiting someone to guide them through the expansive grounds of the academy. The vastness of the campus was evident as they observed the bustling activity outside, a melting pot of diverse cultures and backgrounds.

"Man, this place is like a whole other world," Nishiki remarked, his gaze fixed on the multitude of foreign faces passing by outside the window with Amagi and Kariya at his sides. "I wonder how they manage to navigate around here."

"How much longer are we supposed to wait here, Endou?" Shinsuke inquired, reclining comfortably on the sofa, his patience wearing thin.

Endou, about to summon the receptionist for an update, was interrupted by a sharp knock on the door. "Come in," he called out, turning his attention to the newcomer.

The door swung open to reveal the captain of Shizen's second soccer team, extending a polite greeting. "Kon'nichiwa, Raimon," he greeted warmly. "Apologies for the wait. The Academy has been rather hectic lately. Coach Taiki was currently tied up in a meeting with other league officials, so he sent me to escort you to the first team."

Endou nodded understandingly. "Thank you for stepping in. We appreciate your help," he replied gratefully, rising from his seat to join the group.

With a smile, the Shizen second team captain motioned for them to follow. "Please, follow me. I'll take you to meet the first team."

Raimon follows behind, feeling a bit nervous now that they can finally meet the mysterious soccer team everyone is talking about.

As they continued walking, the surroundings grew quieter, and the path seemed to lead them to the back of the academy. Eventually, they reached what appeared to be a dead end, with a tall wall blocking their way.

"Where do we go exactly? It's a dead end," Hikaru commented, confusion evident in his voice.

Sage, the second team captain, remained silent as they reached the wall. He reached out and touched one of the stone blocks. At first, Raimon was perplexed by his actions, but then they noticed the block opening to reveal an identification pad.

Sage centered himself at the pad and spoke, "Walker Sage." The pad displayed his picture along with his name. Sage then placed his hand on another part of the pad, indicating where it should be placed. His hand was scanned, and shortly after, the wall parted ways to let them through.

As the wall parted, revealing the hidden passage, Sage led Raimon through the opening and into a cold, reserved forest filled with tall pine trees. The atmosphere sent shivers down their spines as they stepped into the unfamiliar terrain.

"It's spooky." Hayami commented, his voice trembling slightly as he peeked out from behind his best friend, Hamano. "Do we need to enter here?"

Kirino's voice cut through the tense silence, mirroring the uncertainty that gripped the entire Raimon team. "What is this place?" The air was heavy with a sense of foreboding as they stood on the threshold, unsure of what awaited them within.

"It's one of the Secret Training areas of the Soccer League, mostly used by the first team," Sage explained, his voice carrying a hint of reverence for the secluded surroundings. "Due to their popularity, they often have an audience watching their training. So, if they want to have serious training, they come here to this secluded area."

The realization dawned on the Raimon members as they took in the surroundings, understanding the significance of the secretive location. Here, hidden away from prying eyes, the first team of Shizen Academy could train undisturbed, focusing solely on their improvement and honing their skills away from the distractions of the outside world.