Chapter 23

Caitlan's POV:

Thankfully, we've never heard from Charlotte again. Lewis said that she will keep our secret though. She better, she knows what I'm capable of.

Emma and her family are leaving for a while, they're going to travel the world. They're leaving in a few days.

Anyway, Rikki, Cleo and Emma knocked on my door. I invited them in. "What's up?" I smiled. Mum was sat on the sofa with Poseidon. "We want to take you to meet someone" Emma said. I looked at mum. "Go ahead sweetheart" she smiled, I gave her a kiss and a hug and went with them.

We were at a nursing home. We went to a resident's room. "Miss Chatham, there's someone we want you to meet" Emma said to a woman that was sat on her bed. "Miss Chatham was a mermaid with Charlotte's grandmother" Cleo whispered. Miss Chatham got up and walked over to me. "Caitlan fell into the Moon Pool too. She was ten years old" Emma smiled. Miss Chatham put her hands on my face, smiled and said "no" - "what do you mean?" Rikki asked confused. Miss Chatham walked back over to her bed and sat down, she asked us to sit on the sofa, which we did. "I don't know why I sense something different about you, my dear child but I know you didn't fall in the Mako Moon Pool. You're a different mermaid" I suddenly felt extremely warm. "What do you mean, Miss Chatham?" Emma asked. "Your friend here is a different type of mermaid" Miss Chatham smiled. I got up and said "It was lovely meeting you, I promised my mum that I'd spend the rest of the day with her" I smiled awkwardly and left.

I knew Cleo, Emma and Rikki would trail behind me. "Are you going to tell us what that was about?" Emma asked. "I don't know" I hated lying. I felt myself tear up and ran. I jumped in the water and swam. My dolphin and shark friends knew something was wrong with me, and I saw the trio swimming after me. The sharks surrounded me so I could use the Invisibility Spell and swim home.

Rita's POV:

I was sat on the balcony, enjoying the sun for a while, then Poseidon ran over to me. "What is it Poseidon?" He ran inside. I knew something was wrong.

I followed Poseidon and Caitlan came from the Grotto, crying. "Sweetheart what's wrong?" I put my arm around her and walked to the sofa. "I met a woman that was a mermaid with Charlotte's grandmother.  Somehow she knew I didn't fall into the Moon Pool. She didn't know how I'm a mermaid though and I didn't tell anyone I was born one" Cait sobbed. There was a knock on the door. Poseidon jumped on Caitlan's knee as I went to answer.

It was Rikki, Emma and Cleo. I sighed, "Come in girls" they followed me upstairs. I sat back down next to Caitlan, and the other three stood in front of us. "We want answers. After everything, don't you think we deserve that?" Rikki snapped. I looked at Caitlan, who was wiping her tears away and I sighed again and got up. "If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone. Including your boyfriends" I said. "Mum..." Caitlan whispered, I put my hand to her face and smiled. "We promise" Cleo, Rikki and Emma said together. "Caitlan didn't fall into the Moon Pool. She was born a mermaid." I revealed. Rikki then said "Prove it" - I had a glass of water on the table, I used my powers to make a water ball. I then moved the ball towards me and let it hit me. I transformed. "Why didn't you tell us?" Cleo asked. "We couldn't risk being exposed. I'm trusting you with this secret. If you tell anyone, me and Caitlan will have to leave and never come back" I warned them. I saw the sympathy in their faces and they promised again not to tell anyone. They then left.

"Mum you didn't have to do that" Caitlan said in shock. I sat down next to her and brought her into a cuddle. "Yes I did sweetheart. I know those girls won't expose us. I saw how much it was hurting you inside keeping it from them. Like I've said all of your life, risking our secret - or anything for that matter, for you is worth it. I may have been a mermaid first but my number one priority is being your mum" I wiped away Caitlan's tears and hugged her.

Caitlan's POV:

My phone rang. It was Zac. "Hey Zac what's up?" I answered. "Fancy a movie night? Evie is going night diving with her dad and Cam has gone on holiday a couple days." Zac said through the phone. I think mum heard the conversation, "It'll do you good sweetheart. Back by midnight" she whispered. I kissed her cheek and replied to Zac "yeah sounds good, see you in a bit" I smiled.

I got to Zac's. "Pizza's on its way. Pepperoni" Zac smiled. We sat down and watched Men in Black. We're suckers for an alien comedy.

Whilst we ate pizza Zac asked "we basically treat each other like siblings right?" I was confused. "...Yeah" "Wanna become blood siblings? I've seen it in so many films" Zac suggested. I just blinked. "Dude, your dad is a doctor! You should know the health risks that's included!" I scolded. "All we have to do is make small cuts on our palms and hold hands. We're not exactly massacring?" Zac shrugged. Ughhh he better not get a tail from this!

I sighed and we both made small cuts on our palm and held hands. "If I get an infection I'll be kicking your butt!" I warned. Zac just laughed.

It was about midnight when I got home. I walked so far then swam the rest. Mum was waiting for me in the Grotto. "Hey sweetheart, have fun?" She smiled and saw the cut on my palm. "Are you okay? What happened?" She panicked. I told her about the blood pact me and Zac did. "He won't get a tail from it will he?" I asked, waiting for mum to get angry but she smiled "no sweetheart. Although let's hope neither of you get infections" I laughed and said "I told him that but he's stubborn!" Mum pulled me into a hug and then we headed off to bed.

Okay that's this chapter! Hope y'all enjoy. I know everyone was waiting so the next chapter will be the start of the Mako arc!