Chapter 1

Rita's POV:
I left my pod for Harry, a land dweller. The love of my life - I was going to marry him. Harry unfortunately passed away recently. Oh, I live on land now. I still go in the water though.

Anyway, being a mermaid you're never sick. I'm vomiting like crazy. I've no clue what's wrong. I need Veridia. My best friend.

I got into the pool in my Grotto that is connected to the sea and swam to Mako. Veridia wasn't exactly happy to see me. "I know I left the pod, but I need your help. If our friendship meant anything to you, you'll help me. Please." I pleaded. Veridia caved and came back to my home with me.

Veridia came with me to see Doctor Blakely, who told me I was pregnant. Mermaids don't get pregnant, we lay eggs! Oh wait, I'm a land person now, and I guess land people don't lay eggs.

When we got home, Veridia left instantly. It then dawned on me that I'm going to be a Mum. Can I really do this?

Thankfully, my daily delivery of fresh seafood arrived not so long ago. And since I've been vomiting most the morning, well I need to eat.

The seafood managed to stay down, thankfully. I looked down at my stomach and smiled. "Already a seafood lover like Mummy."

A small starter but I hope y'all like it