Chapter 9: Ray, listen closely

I slowly open my eyes. Feeling a little dizzy. I let out a low groan of tiredness... And I realize, the wolf... That was sleep gas he filled the room with? How long ago? For how long have I slept? These questions would be to answer later I guess, first things first, I got to see; where the fuck did I wake up? Or... was it just a dream? I mean, this may be plausible. As I look around the place I woke up in, my vision still lightly blurry. But as it got cleaner, I could see I was in my room, good. I look in my paws, maybe I had the tape in them? Nope, nothing at all. I sat up in my bed. Where was that VHS tape? I search in my pockets. Still nothing. My vision now crystal clear, I look around my room. My eyes then settles on my bedside table. And surely enough, there it was, sitting on it. There was a paper on it, fold in a way that could make it stand and have something readable on it, from the front. It was written "Ray, listen closely" with a strange scribble under the text. Seemingly a signature that seemed to read "Wolf".

Ray: I will.

I whisper to myself with a light smirk. I get out of bed, turn to the bedside table and take the VHS tape in hand. I then turn around to turn to the VHS player I somehow still had. But before I get the time to put the tape in, I hear three knocks on my door. It must be Daren!

Ray: Wait a quick minute!

I say through the door as I run around my room, searching for a place to hide the tape. Somewhere safe where he wouldn't search and wouldn't see. I decide to hide it under my pillow. Hopefully I don't forget it there, because if I go to sleep while it's there, I'd crush it under my pillow. And that wouldn't be good...

Ray: Alright, come in!

I say to my brother once again through the door. He opens the door before his eyes then proceed to stare into mine, squinting lightly seeming skeptical.

Daren: I heard you running all around your room. What was all that about?

He asks as I make up an excuse, after making sure my breathing was steady.

Ray: It was to put clothes on. I went for a nap, I was tired, and, well, I woke up naked. Because, you know, sleepwalking.

He raises an eyebrow.

Daren: You know I'm your brother, right? Seeing you naked would be the last thing I'd care about in this world.

Ray: Well, it makes me uncomfortable.

Daren: Alright, whatever you fancy. Anyways, I went to check up on you, I had something to ask you, Ray.

I nod with my head. A gesture to tell him to keep going.

Daren: Would you like to go out at a restaurant or something? It's been a while since we last had a moment, brother-to-brother.

I nod. He was right, it has been quite a while since I last did something with him. And as far as I'm aware, it should pose much of a problem to my mission.

Ray: Sure, that would be nice, yeah.

I say, nodding again.

Ray: When would it be? Who drives? And where?

I shotgun the three questions at him for him to simply answer;

Daren: Today, at 17:00, in three hours. I'll drive to go to the place, but if I end up drunk by the end, you drive. And, for the place, I thought about going to that Italian restaurant "The House of the Spaghetti". What do you think about it?

I nod like the two previous times.

Ray: Sounds good to me!

I answer, flashing a smile at Daren on a lightly joyful tone. As I do so, I then see him scan around the room, just, looking at it. Until his eyes settle in one of the corners of the room, where the open VHS tape player was standing. I had forgotten to close the small lid in the hurry of hiding the tape. He walks past me and goes up to it.