Chapter 7: Fight in the woods. Planks breaks and burns.

The atmosphere was rather... gloomy. There was a feeling of being constantly watched from afar. Watched by some omnipresent being. One I cannot see but that can see me. It made for a terribly unsettling atmosphere. Me and the wolf were making our way in the dark forest. He had a sword, basic and efficient. I, on my side, had my "Nano-technological stick all-in-one, exclusive elemental edition, series inexistant, type xv31rv-33xπR" which I call "Elementick" for short. The combination between elemental and stick. My stick, my weapon, of course, wasn't a basic and very normal stick. As the name suggest, it uses elements. Not just one element of course, nah. It used them all. Well, all... Ice, water, fire, electicity etc. There was just one missing from the stick, it was nature, or anything related to vegetation. But I wouldn't have really used it anyways. It uses some sort of special powder to work, Mary never really told me about. When i had one element that ran out of its powder, I just went to see her, a few minutes later she comes back with it filled up again. It's strange, but as long as she doesn't run out of this power, I'm really fine about it and I don't really have to care. I also never really understood how it worked, I press a button, and it does something that has to do with the powder that it's linked to. It doesn't have any sharp point, but it hits hard, really hard. It can burn things, freeze things, electrocute things, but it doesn't cut clean through things. It's a bash & mash stick mostly. Though it can burn, freeze and all that, I'm better at using it for physical attacks. Back to the main topic at hand now... The gloomy athmosphere of the great "out of nowhere" forest! F*cking bullshit... How did I ended up here anyways? I just needed to get information about time fluctuation zones. This atmosphere was giving me the impression that anything could fall or attack me out of nowhere at any time. I look at the wolf that was carefully walking, then at the tall pine and oak trees. And of course, there still was that lingering fragrant smell or "the nature", also mixed with a bunch of other smell, but mainly that one. Meaning the deer was proably not so far from us. But I couldn't locate where he was, and that wasn't good... Just like the surrouding sounds; cracking and creeking from far behind in the woods. Pawsteps landing heavily against the ground, that wasn't me for sure nor the wolf. It could be the deer, but he seemed too skinny to be doing that kind of thump. And that thought only built stronger in my head as I heard one of the most atrocious sound I could've ever heard. A screetch, a scream of pain and agony as someone gets burnt by the fire of Hell. It sounded truly horrifying. So, the deer surely wasn't the thing that made that sound. Althought hard to believe that something alive could do this sound, a few seconds later, I see a small shadowing figure get out from bushes a little farther back. When the figure immerge completely and that I find myself able to see it illuminated by the moonlight. It was... oh boy... it was unnatural. About two-third of my height; 4'0. Their... stumps landing on the ground loudly. Seemingly completely made out of wood. Dark eyes, or well... no eyes. Vines comming out of the ocular cavities to reach down and hold on the lower half of the hanging wooden mouth. Rather disturding to see. Small branches comming out of the top of its head. Arms help together by other pieces of wood, and also even more vines. Tree stumps as pedes. These... "eyes", they were disturbing. I felt like it was screaming in agony, begging me to burn it down to ashes. This creature was living against its will. That sure didn't come to life by itself. I held thightly at my weapon, back to back with the wolf as more screams of agony came from the woods. There was more of these atrocious beings. A few a little smaller, a few a little bigger. But every each one of these were as atrocious as the previous. I could feel these things were up to no good against us.

Ray: Uuuh, wolf, are you sure your sword will do good against wood?

I ask worried that his sword will have no effect on the enemies

Wolf: I'll use the handle of my sword.

He answers to my weary question. I guess it can work? Without wasting much time, he already jumps on one of the woodlings. He cuts the vines that was holding on the lower jaw of the enemy, takes it in his paw as it falls before it touches the ground. And he smashes it on its head. Shattering its skull to pieces. The rest of the body kept moving. Swinging its arms hoping to hit something or someone, in vain. This means that it wasn't dead. The wolf, realizing this fact, takes the dull side of his blade and tuck it under a piece of wood that was holding one of the arms together. With a swift move, he does a lever motion with the dull side of his blade, popping the piece of wood out of the arm. He then cuts the vine that was holding the arm on edge making the arm fall apart. He takes the piece of wood, previously being the arm of the enemy and start smashing it against the rest of its body. Strong hits, destroying its chest and the rest of the body. Crumbling the wooden body in pieces. Then, something I did not realize until the wolf screamed to make me realize.