Ch. 8- Believe me I'm lying

Start from the beginning

The guardians. Of course they guarded our hideout, castle or other place of residence. They also protected the Royals and were some of the few people who knew where we hid our secrets. They did not have a special power, but they would never tell a secret or let down their guild. No matter what. It was as much of a curse to them as it was a gift to us.

The supernatural. This was the category for anyone who had an 'out of the ordinary' power or gift. Ethan, Xander and Georg all fell into this category. We had almost everything from mind readers to shape-shifters to people who controlled the elements. Many would call this the 'circus-group' seeing as this was where all the 'freaks' were.

And the warriors. This was my category. We were the ones who did the actual fighting, we were the ones who got hurt. I was the leader because unlike other warriors, I had more than one gift. Usually we only had the extra strength and stamina and a blood deep knowledge of weapons. But I had a little of every power.

I could do magic, I was good at tracking, I would collect information and could keep it a secret. And then there was the supernatural part of me. I did not age. I was older than our leader, who was now eighty three, but my looks said that I was only sixteen or seventeen. I could not remember when I was born or how I was brought into the guild. All I knew was that this was where I had always been, and that I belonged here.

"Joel, do you have any new reports on development on your mission?" were the words that woke me from my daze.

"Uh, well... We have found a vampire, but that specimen was irrelevant to the task at hand." I replied shakily, unsure if I should tell them about Eliza.

"I presume that you killed the leech none the less." said Payton, stating it as a question.

I looked at Xander to seek advice. 'Do you want to protect her?' his voice entered my mind.

"Yes." I answered, to both of them. I knew that if I wished to keep Eliza out of harm's way, I would have to lie. And I knew that I did wish to keep her out of harm's way.

"Good" Payton dragged out the word in content, then he seemed to remember something. "Joel, you said that this leech was irrelevant. Does that mean that you have not found your target?"

"Uh, well... You see... Um. I- well. Uh..." I looked frantically over at Xander.

"There are multiple new students at school. There is of course the whole new grade, and there are quite a few new students in all the grades. We have not yet been able to investigate around all of them..." Xander said calmly. He was undoubtedly the best liar I knew. "It would, however, help if we had more information on the target." He finished smoothly.

"Very well. I will have Sammy and Gale fill you in after we complete the meeting." he said as he pointed to the leader and second in command of the collectors.

Eliza's POV:

"ELIZA!" I could hear Anarel shout my name but could not be bothered to answer. If he really needed to see me that badly, he would have to come and get me.

BANG!

"Anarel, shut the door, I'm relaxing." I told the figure that had ripped my door up.

"Uh, miss. Please forgive me, but Anarel really needs to see you." A scared youngling stuttered. I could see his bottom lip trembling as I stood up and walked slowly towards him. I knew it was mean to scare him even more, but I was bored and needed something to do, something I knew I mastered. Something that did not involve complicated emotions.

"Well..." I breathed slowly while turning my head slightly to the side. "Why doesn't he come up and get me himself?" I whispered in his ear as I flitted to stand behind him.

"Uh, well, um, I-I." I heard him gulp, and smiled slightly to myself.

"He knows I don't like visitors..." I trailed off with a hiss. My victim was now visibly trembling and he was breathing fast. I moved slightly to one side of him and looked at him leaning my head to the side. I made wide eyes and tried to look sulky and deadly at the same time. From the younglings reaction it seemed to be working.

"P-please, miss. I-I didn't do anything. I-I'm just th-the messenger." He managed to stutter. I could feel Anarel's presence in the back of my head and knew that he was getting impatient.

"Well, in that case..." I took a deep breath before putting him out of his misery. "You should go downstairs and eat some ice cream, oh with chocolate!" I finished brightly and I could feel my eyes light up at the thought of ice cream and chocolate. I looked at him happily and rapped an arm around his thin shoulders.

"You know, even though we're vamps, it doesn't mean we don't like good food. Next time, bring me some chocolate." I told him with a wink as I lead him out of my room. Yeah, I know I'm not normal. I'm the only person here that likes ice cream, chocolate and basically anything sweet. I happened to be the only one who could cook to, not that I needed that skill very often. Mostly I would just order pizza or fill up on sweets, cake and ice cream. I loved being able to eat anything without gaining any weight.

As we reached Anarel's room, I let go of the surprised, and most  likely confused, youngling before walking in. No, I did not knock. I hated knocking. It was unnecessary, except when other people wanted to enter any room I was in.

"Eliza, we need to talk." Anarel said as I walked over to the big, comfortable chair he was sitting in.

"About what?" I said as I motioned for him to move out of the chair.

"The hunter you need to kill." He said as he pointed me to the hard, wooden chair that I hated. I pouted.

"No fair." I said in my sulky voice while crossing my arms and not sitting in the uncomfortable chair.

"Eliza, this is my chair. And I know you've found the hunter. I also know that you have been within close proximity with him, without killing him." He said while pointing to the hard chair yet again.

"No." I said as I sat down, on his lap. I wriggled to make myself comfortable, and Anarel uncomfortable.

"Eliza, don't lie to me. I know you know I know, and I don't see the point in lying about it." He said sternly. Then he stood up, making me fall. I looked up at him from the floor, and pouted.

"I can't... kill him." I said slowly after what seemed like hours. 

"Why?" I knew Anarel knew the answer, but he just wanted me to admit it.

I sighed before answering "I think... I love him."