8

ARIEL

Other than my briefly infuriating conversation with Griffin the big mean bird, the meeting was a sucess. I did my part well, and we came to an agreement for the terms of the contract.

The rest of my week went by smoothly with no surprise run ins with a certain green eyed menace and I was satisfied with the way I was setting into my job at the company. I had to ignore some comments about me being a Russo but soon there was new gossip and everyone forgot about me entirely.

Tonight I agreed to go to Charity Gala with my family. They were all very into the social scene here in Rome and when Lucia described the glamour and dresses of it all, I thought why not, I had nothing better to do with my night.

"It's at the Romano's, Emilio throws a ball every other weekend, he's retiring soon and his son has already taken over his duties. I'd say he's bored." Grandfather had told me over dinner last night.

I thought it was very fun how they all went to balls together. It seemed so fancy, like royals do it.

Anyways, aunty Anya had arranged a dress fitting for us three and I had picked out the most beautiful teal dress with matching heels. I absolutely loved the whole process. Life in California is mundane and simple.

Italy feels like magic. The air just has a certain fanciful feel, the social seen seemed vibrant and the people were all regal and well kept. I enjoyed this lifestyle, maybe a little too much. And I wanted to soak up as much of it as I could before I went back to America in a month.

 And I wanted to soak up as much of it as I could before I went back to America in a month

When we made it to the party, I was in awe

When we made it to the party, I was in awe. The room, the clothes the glamour. Everything screamed luxury. I really was in Europe.

"Wow. You clean up nice sorella." My cousin Blake says walking up to me, interrupting my gawking. I smile.
(sister)

"Thankyou Blake. I like your suit." I compliment back. "Where's Cia? I lost her when we came in." I look around.

"Probably chatting it up with a group of women who are deeply infatuated with her brother." He leans back against the bar with a cocky grin. I roll my eyes.