CHAPTER 43

Yazia accepted the hard drive from Jungkook with a smirk, acknowledging his efforts with a nod of appreciation.

"You did a nice job," Jungkook chuckled at her words, a hint of mischief dancing in his eyes. "He was such a jerk. I offered him money, telling him he could run away from the wedding for a good amount, and he didn't think twice. Took it and got away," Jungkook recounted, shaking his head in disbelief before his smirk widened. "But don't worry, I gave him a jaw-breaking punch."

Yazia's eyes narrowed at his confession. "You did what?" she exclaimed; her voice laced with disbelief as she regarded him with amusement.

Jungkook feigned innocence, his expression morphing into one of exaggerated innocence as he shrugged nonchalantly. "Just a little punch, nothing more," he defended himself, though the mischievous glint in his eyes betrayed his true intentions. "He irked me with his gold digger attitude."

Flashback

 It was Eid morning, the day of his Nikkah, and he had been preparing to offer his prayers when the unexpected text had arrived.

Run away before your life becomes hell. She is the opposite of what you both think.

At first, he was tempted to dismiss it as a prank or a misunderstanding, but something about the urgency of the message gave him pause. His mind raced with questions and doubts, and despite his initial instinct to ignore them, curiosity got the better of him.

With trembling fingers, he typed out a response.

Who?

In just seconds he received a message back. 

I am sending you the location to come here I'll explain to you and you can get the money in return.

Asad scoffed. "People go new ways to scam," he said closing his phone, but it started ringing the next moment. It was the same number he was getting text. "These bullshit people let me give them a good lecture" Asad picked up the call but before he could say something he heard an unfamiliar voice.

"She knows about your planning," Asad got confused and asked. "Who? What plan? who are you disturbing me?" He demanded, trying to keep his tone steady despite the rising panic in his chest. But the voice on the other end seemed to find amusement in Asad's predicament, chuckling before delivering a chilling warning.

"It doesn't matter who I am. Your never going to be wife, she knows and got proof and will expose you today," Asad scoffed. "I don't know who you are or what you are talking about, but man just go touch the grass," Asad said pretending well that he didn't understand

"Man, I will touch the grass, but you won't even get to do that for years if you didn't run away, jail cells really don't have grass there, just telling for your information, good luck." The person on the other line said with a confident tone and Asad narrowed eyes. In the next second, he got some pictures, and it made him shocked and scared.

"What the..." He trailed off as he saw the pictures of the same day he was in the study of his uncle with his mother and both talked about their future planning which was not so good for others. They look like they are being taken from a personal CCTV camera.