CHAPTER 37

"Only for my Yazia—My Warrior."

Taehyung inhaled a deep breath and with a last caress on the headstones he stood up. With a heavy heart, he continued to speak, as if hoping his words would somehow reach the ears of his departed parents.

"I wish you were here, Dad, to scold me", Taehyung whispered, his voice barely more than a breath. "I miss your wisdom, your strength. I feel lost without you. I would even let you beat me", he tried to make it light by joking but it came out solemn. A solitary tear trickled down his cheek.

"I am thankful to you both for leaving me under Uncle's guidance," Taehyung whispered, his words a quiet acknowledgment of the trust his parents had placed in their friend. "He is the nicest man I know."

"And Mom", he added softly, his voice barely audible above the rustle of leaves. "I wish you were here to wrap me in your warmth, you know I love hugs. I miss you more than words can say." As he spoke, a sense of peace washed over Taehyung, a quiet acceptance of the inevitable passage of time and the bittersweet memories it left in its wake.

"Thank you for listening, although you were too quiet. I love you", he murmured, with that, Taehyung turned away from the graves, his steps lightened by the knowledge that, though they may be gone, his parents' love would be forever.

He came out and saw Mr. Saad standing there leaning on the car hand crossed in front of him. Mr. Saad smiled looking at him coming. "Had a good Talk?", Taehyung nodded and muttered a thank you.

"Dive, we'll go back", Mr. Saad held out the car keys in front of him. Taehyung looked at his smiling face waiting for Taehyung to take keys. Taehyung took the key, and both sat inside the car. Taehyung started driving. 

"We'll go back, and I have important things to tell you and all of them too", Mr. Saad spoke out the thing he is keeping to himself only. "I'll tell them and fulfill your wish Jonghyun", Mr. Saad thought to himself getting himself ready.

«»

Yazia returned home from work and entered the living room, where she found Ayzal seated on the couch, her legs crossed and still wearing her veil.

 "You didn't change?" Yazia inquired, settling down beside Ayzal. "Assalamualaikum is what you say first", Yazia, and she held her ears.

"Sorry, Assalamualaikum!" Ayzal nodded and greeted her back. "I was just surprised to see you completely covered in home." Yazia again expressed her concerns. "You are sitting in Abaya and hijab too." Yazia looked at herself.

"I just came back home", she explained, and Ayzal picked up her veil. and gave her a tight smile. "Yeah... us moment I came back a while ago too."

Yazia chuckled at her and shook her head. "You could just tell it simply, no need to complicate it.", Ayzal patted Yazia's shoulder. "You don't understand things simply." Yazia looked at Ayzal with widened eyes. 

"Did you taunt me?" Yazia asked, and Ayzal shook her head. "No one has the ability to taunt, Yazia the Great first." Yazia scrunched her nose and replied. "A bad joke."