"I was just asking." I stated.

He was still frowning when he answered. "Many people stop to talk when you are a leader of their home."

My scowl dropped, and I stared down at my dish with a small hint of embarrassment. I had been so obsessed with the thought of him discussing my private matters with Everett that I didn't stop to think about other people. He would've had to deal with the chefs, the pack, the cleaners...

"I'm sorry," I sighed. "I got paranoid."

"There is nothing to feel paranoid about, Tulip." Asra murmured, finishing his food. "I would never go behind your back about anything."

I nodded solemnly, my head falling into my spare hand as I swirled the pasta around. Asra grumbled, his voice beastly as he tried to catch my attention.

"What did you think I was doing?"

Shrugging, I pursed my lips. "I was just feeling on edge. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

"You better." He warned.

I couldn't help but smile when I looked up at him, finding his warning rather amusing. I ate the rest of my dinner with a smirk on my lips, unable to hold back the tease. By the time I finished, he was about ready to launch himself across the desk and make me submit, but I was prepared.

The moment he rose from his chair and darted around the desk, I was standing from my own. Throwing my list at his chest, he caught it with a grumble. I grinned, crossing my arms as he glanced down at it.

"The names." I stated.

"Rune?" He cocked his head.

"My grandma."

"You are certain?"

"My brain doesn't remember a lot. Most of it is inaccessible, but I remember her name." I explained. "Her items were hidden in the house."

"In Evermore?"

I hesitated, my shoulders sagging a little. "I... Maybe?"

"If you were raised elsewhere, Evermore would not make sense."

"I think it was Evermore," I nodded. "Wooden floorboards that creaked."

Asra stared at me, as if a sudden light flicked on in his mind. "What else was in that floorboard?"

"Uh... I don't remember. I just remember her books."

"Books about what?"

"Self-defence," I shrugged.

"Most human books of unimportant literature were destroyed."

"I am aware."

"If we went to Evermore, could you pinpoint the floorboard?"

"What's so interesting about it?"

"I wonder if there is more under that underground floorboard than you think."

"You mean like what Evangeline said?" I scoffed. "My mother hiding underground or going to another town through tunnels? Surely, I would've discovered them by now."

"What if you did? And the witch changed your memory."

I hesitated before shaking my head. "And I just made up the book and my grandma's name?"

"It is possible." He stepped closer to me, my list forgotten, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "The witch who enchanted you has meddled so intensely with your mind that it would not surprise me."

I sagged into his hold, my forehead pressing into his shirt. "I feel like I am losing my mind."

Asra was silent, a gentle hum building in his chest.