fifty*

* sexual content at the end *

'Ailia...'

I blinked, trying to resurface from the downward spiral that my mind was falling into.

Her brother?

They didn't look that similar...

"Wait, Beta Flynn is your brother?" Piper blurted.

"Yeah..." Luna Black blinked. "Is that surprising?"

I shook my head, coming to when Asra's voice filtered through my head again.

"You don't look that similar." I admitted, trying to diffuse the awkwardness. "Just caught us off guard."

Piper glanced at me briefly before nodding. "Yeah, just surprising that he is a beta!"

"He was a beta before I was a luna!" she giggled. "He is older than me by a few decades. Our parents were betas of this pack until I was born and my brother took over. Augustus was a few years older than me, so I didn't have to go far to find him."

"Did Alpha Augustus not recognise you as his mate before then?" I wondered.

Luna Black's eyes focused on me, and she smiled softly. "When I shifted, his wolf recognised me as his mate. He left me be though, but I always felt a pull toward him."

'Tulip! God-dammit woman, stop ignoring me.'

I flinched at the sudden loudness of Asra's voice in my head and the luna's eyebrows rose. Sighing, I scratched my temple awkwardly, knowing I would have to leave mid-conversation.

"Asra troubles?" Piper mused.

"You know it," I muttered, rising from my chair. "I will have to go. He's going to think the plane will leave without us."

Her face crumpled with a pout as she stood. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too," I sighed. "I suppose I better get my head around phones."

She laughed softly, squeezing me into a hug. "You better! Then we can text about everything."

I laughed in return, squeezing her body against mine. I noticed she took a deep inhale of my hair and I did the same, just committing her floral scent to memory.

"Goodness, that wolfy scent has grown so much." She breathed as we pulled apart.

"Sure it's not just Asra's freaky ass?" I smirked, holding her hands.

She grinned. "Smells more natural than Asra's freaky ass."

"His ass is far from natural. You should smell the things that come out of it at nighttime." I snickered.

There was a grumble somewhere in my mind that sounded an awful lot like my mate, but I ignored him.

"I will get back in touch with you this week. We definitely need to speak about some things." I widened my eyes, conveying my secret message.

"Of course. If I don't hear from you by Sunday, I will call Asra myself."

"Okay. Threat noted." I laughed.

The doors behind suddenly swung open and footsteps approached. I barely glanced over my shoulder before a strange man scooped me into his arms. My hands released Piper and grabbed onto the large tattooed forearm with a squeal.

"Asra!" I complained.

"You are taking too long, you damn chatterbox." He grunted.

"Put me down!"