sixty

In the next week that passed, I busied myself with working. In both the kitchen and the office, I think I really excelled. It had only been a couple of weeks, but I already had a plan in motion for all the staff. I had designed a rota too, so each staff member had the shifts they desired with days off. All I had to do now was propose it to Asra, ready for the next week ahead.

It would've been ideal to have these plans in motion for September, giving the accounting part of it time to settle, but I was too eager to help. It was the first week of August, and the sun was burning every human in sight. I was going to delegate the outside workers to morning shifts with the afternoons off, so it needed to come in sooner rather than later.

Double checking my folder of paperwork, I nodded with affirmation. It had taken me a while to complete it, after scrunching up various drafts. The rota was the simple part. It was making sure everyone had at least half of the shifts they desired. Nobody was going to work over twenty-five hours in this pack. Asra had enough staff to split it plentifully. Over-working them for the house to look like nobody lived here was barbaric. I couldn't wait for someone to have a pup so they could destroy everything.

Speaking of pups...

Despite Asra's pouty lips, he knew I was not ready, and he agreed it wasn't the most pleasant of times to raise a child. The day after he found the tests was the first day being period free, and I was quick to get some pills from the pharmacy.

It was against a large part of the wolf culture, but thankfully, the pharmacist was a human. I had questioned for a moment how a human got such a well-looked after job, but then I saw the bite on her neck and understood. She had politely and discreetly handed me the brown bag before putting it on Asra's tab.

Ah, I do love the alpha tab.

I even took it upon myself to buy some more summer clothes whilst I was out. I had debated what to buy, though. Having only my opinion was harder than I thought. Mya was always up for a haul, but she would happily let me parade in underwear just for the show. Eve was too modest, preferring the more covered outfits. If I took both of them, I'd choose the middle option.

This time, I ended up with some strange stretchy shorts. They hit my mid-thigh and were rather tight, but gave the much needed relief from thigh-rub in this sticky-ass heat.

Literal. Ass. Heat. And neck heat.

I need a haircut.

Shaking my rampant thoughts away, I knocked twice on Asra's office door. I would walk in, but I did that a couple of days ago and interrupted a video call with Alpha Augustus. Asra was less than impressed, but I played the puppy eyes card and he forgave me after I bent over his desk in only a skirt and no undies.

What can I say? I knew my way around his beast already.

Tutting at his gruff welcome, I nudged the door open with the side of my body. I had slowly started to exercise again in the past week, too. Taking up swimming whenever I could, but also hovering around the training grounds.

Damn, I've done a lot in seven days.

Most of the time, the wolves sparred, but sometimes they did normal people exercises. I joined in some of those, hiding at the back and hoping I didn't get picked on. It was oddly reminiscent of my tween years in school, before they forced me to work and marry a man older than me.

Of course.

It exhausted me pretty easily. The wolves had a lot of stamina compared, and it only highlighted my lack of exercise since I came here. I used to always go to the woods and train out of Dad's old book, and it did me well because I built a tolerance for a lot of Darius' beatings.