Ch. 16 Pt. 2

She only saw ruin and the color red… everywhere.

Blood-curdling screams of fear and pain as Titans rampage onto her town, crushing every building in their sight.

She only watched as dark clouds of raging red lightning struck down the ground below mercilessly, bringing hellfire.

This was a moment no one can forget… or move on.

She and her people took months creating Geoglyphs. Hoping that one day, the generations that come shall see the horrors of the rampant Titans…

… and hope one day, one will find the answer to end the nightmares…

~~~~

“Lyn’… Lyn’!”

Leon gently shook Lynelle’s body in hopes of waking her up. Every bit of his body was filled with worry from seeing her suddenly fall unconscious. The Lucario besides him was even more so. “Hey Lyn’! Wake up!” He shook her again, this time more forceful but not enough to hurt her. He kept shaking her until he could hear her small groans.

“Ngh… h-huh…?” The ravenette’s sapphire eyes blinked, blinded from the bright light of the setting sun. And slowly as she regained her energy, she properly sat up and looked around her surroundings to see that it wasn’t crowded anymore.

“Huh…? What the…” Lynelle mumbled, rubbing her eyes from waking up. Despite the closeness, she did not notice the man beside her until she looked at his direction. “H-huh!? Le-“ Lynelle immediately covered her mouth, slapping her face in the process. She had almost blurted  out Leon’s name in public. But the man himself just laughed and letting her scan their surroundings once again to let her see that there was no one around them.

Lynelle let out a sigh of relief and then turned to the champion. “So uhm… what are you doing here? I’d assume you were busy to even come here…” She nervously asked, still not moving on from what happened earlier, making Leon chuckle when he noticed it. “Well, yes. As Champion, I’m busy most days but part of that is making appearances for motivation to a lot of trainers, and that’s exactly what I did earlier.” He smiled as he twirls a marker he was holding, almost distracting Lynelle.

“I wasn’t able to watch your match. But knowing you for a good while now, it was a clear victory for you, wasn’t it?”

Lynelle chuckled. It has been a while since she heard any praise from someone else. “Don’t say it like I breezed past through him. I only had both Growlithe and Kirlia out for the entire match. It was all fair and square..”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, Lyn’.” Leon chuckled, earning a playful eye roll from the ravenette beside him.

“So, what are you doing here?” The second Lynelle finished her question, Leon’s eyes lit up as he remembered what he initially came here for.

“Sonia and I happened to bump into each other. We had some small talk but she was in a hurry for some reason. She asked me to give these notes for you before she left… Oh, and she apologized for leaving so suddenly.” Leon took out a bundle of notebooks behind him and placed them carefully on Lynelle’s hands. Lynelle then carefully untied the bundle and read through Sonia’s research notes intently, like a college student studying for exams.

Each note was highly detailed and informative, as expected from a research assistant. Lynelle skimmed through the pages until she come across a page with the geopglyph’s information. Which reminded Lynelle about something.

“… Leon?”

“Yes?”

“… How long was out?”

Leon was… stunned, to say the least. He had forgotten about the fact that he did saw his friend out cold on a bench without knowing what happened. And frankly, the thought of asking her about it was lost in his mind after the relief he had after she woke up. But it also surprised him that it took the ravenette this long to ask.

“Well… I’d say around 15 minutes.” He hesitantly said, Lucario nodding along. “Other than that, you didn’t really looked too well when you slept. Did you get a nightmare again?”

Lynelle was unsure to answer. The dream she had didn’t feel like a nightmare but rather, a memory. She couldn’t exactly explain it, but she knew it had something to do with her nightmare problem and the random encounters of mysterious events ever since she came to Galar.

“Well… yes… I think…” She paused. She couldn’t find the right words to say or describe her dream. And seeing her struggle, It also concerned him. Having nightmares for a couple of days wears anyone down.

“A-anyways, thanks for the notes, tell Sonia I appreciate her lending her notes to me.” Lynelle excused herself and dashed away before he could stop her. Leon was left worried for her, especially her mental health.

~~~~

~~~

~~

~

Lynelle arrived at her apartment. She lets her Pokémon out before heading to her bedroom and closed herself in. That dream bothered her, especially knowing that the geoglyph from Turffield was in her nightmare. The ravenette rummaged in her bag and grabbed the bundle of notes Sonia gave her. Knowing the peach-haired girl, it must have been her research findings about Dynamax. She skimmed through the papers and journals, trying to be quick yet gentle not to accidentally tear it up… until the drawing of the geoglyph and Sonia's written input was there.

“Hmm… ‘A massive geoglyph that depicts a gigantic Pokémon beneath a swirling cloud of darkness. It also depicts figures fleeing from the Pokémon. Still needs further study..’ I suppose that’s… the simple way to explain that geoglyph…”

Lynelle sighs in defeat as she laid down on the bed, pondering on what to do next. She remembered the previous dream and how there’s a shield-shaped emblem somewhere.

“… ‘A place full of greenery.’ Just how vague can that get…?” Lynelle sighs again, at a loss of options. The night sky outside her window now covered in clouds and soon pour rain. Her Pokémon entered her room, worried for her. Sensing her sullen mood, they attempted to comfort her. And her Lucario gave her a look of confidence saying that they’re always by her side.

The ravenette smiled, feeling her chest tighten from how sweet they were. They all cuddled in the bed until she felt her phone vibrate.

Leon had sent her corny pictures with words of encouragement in attempts to cheer her up. She giggled at the pictures, thinking how silly it was. But she felt a lot better now, the thought of him looking out for her was endearing.

Her phone vibrates again, Leon had sent her a message saying;

“Don’t forget, I’m always a call away.”

Lynelle felt her heart skip a beat. It was a short yet sweet message. And knowing how much of a kind-hearted person Leon was, it made her smile wider. To know someone has her back made her feel… weird… but it was a nice feeling for once. So she replied with a heart emoji in each message he sent before texting back with;

Thank you, that means a lot coming from you.”

------------------—-----------------------

A/N: yeaahhhhhh I honestly have no excuse lmao.

Hiiii I know it's... Like.. Idk, more than  a year..? Haha.... Yeah..

Anyways, I'd like to apologize for a super long update. During some time in College, I actually kinda lost interest in Pokémon for a while because of how busy and stressed I got with schoolwork. I wasn't able to regain that interest quickly too.

I'll still continue writing ofc. But again, it'll take me a long time to update. So yeah, i think that's all lmao

I hope you alk enjoy this sorta short chapter!