Ch. 6. pt.1

Lynelle was out in Wedgehurst buying some berries for both of her beloved Pokémon. "Kirlia, what berries do you want?" Kirlia happily points to the heart-shaped berries. "Alright, and you want the the Pinap berries as usual, Lu?" Lynelle faced Lucario who happily nodded. "Alrighty. Can I have 8 each of the Pinap and Pecha berries? Oh, and 6 Oran berries, please?" The berry vendor happily complied and then gave the bags with the berries the ravenette asked for. "That'll be $85.00 Pokédollars, Miss." Lynelle gave the vendor the money and thanked him.

The three of them sat on a nearby bench, away from the busy streets full of people. "Alright, here you go. One bag each with your berries in it." Both Pokémon happily grabbed the bags and began eating. 

Lynelle was pretty hungry as well since they were up early and she didn't get to eat breakfast properly. She took out the hash browns she bought earlier. One bite from it and she was already in bliss. "Holy... this is really good!" She exclaimed and then continue to eat the potato goodies.

As they ate, Lynelle heard clicking sounds getting closer and closer to them. She looked around until she saw a beautiful young woman walking to her direction. She had dark-brown skin and bright blue eyes that reminded her of the vast ocean. Her long black hair had streaks of blue and some were tied up in a bun. She wore a red blouse, white pants held tight with a black belt. She also wore open black high heels.

Lynelle stopped eating as she stared at the woman in awe. 'She's so pretty...I wonder who she is?' She wondered, not even realizing she was blushing. Lynelle quickly averted her gaze from the woman when she made eye contact with her. She hoped that the woman would just ignore her and walk by, but unfortunately, the woman stopped right in front of her.

"Hey, can I have a battle with you?" The woman asked. Lynelle almost choked on her hash brown from the sudden request and from the fact that the woman actually stopped right in front to her.

"O-oh, Uhm... r-right now?" Lynelle stuttered earning a smirk from the woman. "Right now." Lynelle felt a bit suspicious of the woman but her Lucario didn't seem to sense any ill intent from the woman. Seeing how her Lucario was calm, she felt a bit safe to doubt her suspicions.

"Well, alright. But can I know your name? I'm Lynelle, by the way. " As soon as Lynelle asked, the woman stiffened. A bead of sweat trickled down on the side of her head due to nervousness. "Uhmm... my name's.... Carissa! Yeah, Carissa." 'Carissa' nervously laughs. Lynelle took note of Carissa's delay to answer but ignored it for now.

~~~~

Both of them took a spot parallel to the other in a clearing not far from the bench. Both of them held a Pokéball with the Pokémon of their choice.

"Alright... Let the battle start!"

"Go for it, Lu!"

"Go, Drednaw!

Both Pokéballs were thrown in the air and released a beam of light. "RAAGH!" Lucario grunted as he faced his opponent, one which was unfamiliar to both him and his trainer.

The unfamiliar Pokémon looked like a big turtle. It had a rough, brown shell and rough blue skins. It's sharp jaws looked strong enough to chomp down anything, possibly even metal, and its yellow horn looked like a cleaver without the handle.

"Grragh..." The Pokémon growled.

Despite being the same height as an average adult's knees, Lynelle could tell that it was a strong Pokémon. She needed more information on the Pokémon so she pulled out the Rotom Dex Sonia gave her.

"Drednaw, the bite Pokémon. A water and rock type. This Pokémon rapidly extends its retractable neck to sink its sharp fangs into distant enemies to take them down." The male-robotic voice informed her.