Possible Danger...

“Aura sphere!”

“Fire Blast!”

“RAAGGHH!”

Lucario and Charizard shoot out their attacks in sync and landed in a critical spot, making the dynamaxed Gurdurr yelp in pain and swing its metal beam defensively. Charizard grabbed Lucario the second before the metal beam was slammed on the ground.

Every hit they land, the Gurdurr became more aggressive and its attacks became harder to dodge or defend. Lynelle started to worry as time went on. She knows both her Lucario and Leon’s Charizard still have some stamina left, but sooner or later, they’ll faint from exhaustion.

She waited for Leon’s signal to dynamax. Tiring out the Gurdurr first before Dynamaxing Lucario was their strategy. Even though Lucario is weak against fighting-types, he was doing well against the giant Gurdurr, and was even in sync with Charizard.

“Air slash!” Leon shouted. Charizard followed the command, landing multiple sharp air blades towards the Gurdurr. Lucario followed suit and launched an aura sphere that made the dynamaxed flinch.

‘We can only do ranged attacks, and there’s only two of them. We can’t keep this up… five minutes passed and it’s still not worn out…’ Lynelle pondered. Every attack they inflicted on the titan, it made her heart clenched. The Dynamaxed Gurdurr wailed in pain and became even more aggressive.

“Okay… we need to end this as soon as possible… I’m ready, Leon.” Lynelle looked at the man beside her with a determined look. He nodded and urge her to listen carefully.

“A den is full of Galar particles. Your dynamax band will be recharged as many times as you need. Remember, the effect only lasts a limited time.” Leon held out his hand and demonstrated how to activate her Dynamax band. “Return Lucario into his ball, channel the dynamax energy onto the ball. Be prepared though, the ball gets bigger and heavier.”

Lynelle nodded, and prepared Lucario’s Pokéball but stopped when she saw something glimmering on the Gurdurr’s head. She squinting her eyes and sure enough, something metallic was on the Pokémon’s head.

“Leon, call down Charizard.” Lynelle blurted out, surprising Leon but he did as told. He called out to Charizard who flew down towards him. Lucario hopped off of the fire-type and huddled with Lynelle and Leon to hear the plan.

Once they were done, Lucario went and hopped back onto Charizard. “Leon, there’s something shining on that Gurdurr’s head. Lucario will check it out so is it okay for you to ask Charizard to fly near its head quietly?”

With the lack of exchanging blows, the Dynamaxed Gurdurr took it as an opportunity to rest. It took deep breaths. With its head looking down, Leon was confident enough to let their Pokémon go near it stealthily.

“… You heard her, see if there’s something on the Gurdurr’s head, bud.” Charizard nodded and flew towards the Gurdurr as quietly as possible. When Charizard made it to the head, Lucario poked his head out to observe and sure enough…

Some metal device was on the Gurdurr’s head.

Charizard quietly flew back towards his trainer, and let Lucario off of him. Lucario used his spikes on the back of his hands to draw the mechanism.

A circle-shaped gadget with three pod-like sacs which holds several wires coming out of it. Though the drawing wasn’t detailed enough to pinpoint what kind of device was it. All they can say is that the device may have something to do about the Gurdurr’s sudden rampaging.

“We need to get that weird device off of its head. But we need to distract the Gurdurr.” Lynelle points to the tired Gurdurr’s head, showing some mettalic material plastered on its head.