Ch. 2. pt.2

Before Lynelle stepped outside, she apologized to Nurse joy for the commotion but he pink-haired nurse said that she was fine with it. After that, Lynelle let her Pokémon come out of their Pokéball and asked if they're okay with partaking the battle. The Pokémon acknowledged that they were fine with it but when she said that she'd be battling the blonde teen, they immediately had burning fire in their eyes, eager and determined to win against the teen who disrespected their trainer.

Now, both Lynelle and Oliver took their spot on the arena outside of the Pokémon center. The people around them happened to stay and became the audience. Steven became the referee and Wallace was part of the audience but he seemed to be talking to someone on his phone.

"Both of you, ready your Pokémon." Steven announced.

Both trainers pulled out their Pokéball with the Pokémon of their choice.

"Battle...Start!"

"Go! Centiskorch!"

"Lucario! Go!"

Both Pokémon came out of their Pokéball. Everyone, including Lynelle, was surprised to see a Pokémon they had never seen before. It was a long and tall red Pokémon that had traits of a centipede, it also seemed that it has a 'X' made out of fire on its face and on its tail. From its underbelly, it had circles that looked like oven burners. It was the first time Lynelle has seen a Pokémon like this.

"Hehe, amazed aren't you? This big guy is quite the brawler." Oliver smirked but then got annoyed when he saw that the girl was ignoring him. Lynelle, on the other hand, was too focused on identifying what type the Pokémon is affiliated with. She took good look at it. 'It's clearly a fire type, guess he knew that I would start with Lucario. The kid did his research, I'll give him that.' Lynelle had to breathe out of relief knowing that the teen can plan out his own strategies before a battle, not jumping into the fray and get confused at everything. She then took another good look at the Pokémon. 'It's a fire-type, but with its body alone, it's a bug-type. So, it's both A fire and bug-type huh?'

"Hey don't ignore me!" Lynelle snapped out of her observant phase when she heard the teen's voice. "I wasn't! Since you didn't do anything, I took that as an advantage to know what this Pokémon is!" She yelled back and then heard his tongue click. "Fine! Not that I care. Centiskorch, Fire blast 'em!" The Centiskorch followed and then charged up its blast. "Go closer to the bug Lucario!" The fighting type nodded and the ran at full speed. Lucario sensed that his trainer wants him to dodge so he waited until his opponent shoots out its attack.

"'SKROO!" The bug-like Pokémon finally shoots out its blast. It got closer and closer to Lucario, only to be dodged by him, leaving a small, burned crater where it was supposed to hit him. "What?!" The blonde exclaimed. "Nice one, Lu! Now use Bone rush!" Her Pokémon nodded and summoned a long blue bone and made it look like a staff.

"OWRAA!" Strike one from the head. "URA!" Strike two from right, then strike 3 from the left, then strike 4 from under, finally the fifth strike-

"Tch! Use Wrap!"

The fire-bug type dodged the fifth strike and then immediately used its body to wrap Lucario tight, its flaming body seemed to be enough to deal damage to her Pokémon. "Now use Fire spin on yourself!" The blonde ordered and his Pokémon did as its told. Fire started forming around the two Pokémon and rose up into a tall wall of fire.

'Not bad.' Lynelle thought, she even saw Steven acknowledging the good move from the blonde teen. "Lucario! If you can hear me, use Aura sphere!" Lynelle yelled with all her might. "Hah! Your Pokémon can't escape Centiskorch's gra-"