Ch. 13 pt. 2

“Uhhh…”

Leon stood there shocked, beads of sweat rolling down and words he wanted to emit were not coming out of his mouth. He didn’t think that she  would remember what had happened back then, let alone remember who he was. He was sure that he never told her his name back then.

“Uhm… well…” Leon was hesitant to answer. The feeling of nervousness started to overwhelming him for the first time in a while.

Lynelle saw how quiet he was, so she decided to redact the question. She felt a hint that It was something personal to him. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked thay question. Please forget about it.” Lynelle nervously laughs.

“No it’s nothing really serious. I just… don’t know where to start... Hmmm….” Leon went deep in thought, thinking of the right words to tell the story.

“Well… we’ll talk as we head back.” Leon gestures her to walk with him, shich she listened. “For starters, this may seem a little bit of a stretch but… we met inside the Slumbering Weald.” Leon looked at her for her reaction, but he only saw her looking at him seriously. Her face let him know that she wasn’t needing to hear some lighthearted story, even though the story he’s about to tell isn’t anything near graphic.

“You ran into it and I saw you. I have been told that the place was dangerously, so I ran to catch up with you and tell you to stop. And uh… that didn’t work out, haha...” Leon sheepishly laughs before continuing. “I ran into the forest with no hesitation and luckily, I found you just a few steps away from the entrance.”

Lynelle hummed, listening intently to Leon’s explanation. Everything he said made her remember the day she found out that her family was going to move to Hoenn.

“I was crying, was I?”

“Err…well… yeah, you were.”

Lynelle let out a tired sigh, starting to feel embarrassed to remember more of her past. Even more so when there’s another person involved. “I remember it all clearly now… I’m sorry for not recognizing you the day we met... again.” Lynelle sighed.

“It’s alright. Even I didn’t recognized you, and it’s understandable that you wouldn’t recognize me too. I mean, we just met and we didn’t have the chance to get to know each other. We didn’t even say our names to each other.” Leon laughs, making Lynelle laugh along with him.

Lynelle finally remembered everything that day. Her shouting at her parents, running away from them and ended up lost in a spooky forest then meeting the boy who saved her from loneliness and despair.

The two filled the air with their laughter as they walked and talked all the way to Leon’s old house. The happy atmosphere between them even reached the middle aged woman waiting near the entrance of Leon’s home, Leon and Hop’s Mother.

She smiled when she saw his son and his new friend having a normal and civil conversation, with some occasional laughter slipping from both of them. Needless to say, Sandra was happy.

“Seems like you two are having fun.” Sandra chimed in, interrupting the two’s conversation. “Oh, Mum!” Leon exclaimed, a shocked look was on his face.

“Were you waiting for us, Ms. Sandra?”

“You could say that I was.”

Hop walked over to the crowd and stopped besides his older brother. “Mum! What are you doing out here?” Hop asked. But before the older woman could answer, hop butts in. “You won’t believe what just happened! Me, Gloria and Victor went into the Slumbering Weald to save this Wool-“