Caught Lacking

So N was continuously trying (and failing) to beat Pantheon 5 in Hollow Knight. He hoped that Uzi wouldn't see his failure, so he kept trying and kept failing. N was starting to get angry. "WHY IS THE GAME SO FREAKING HARD?!" He never usually got this mad. Uzi heard N and ran up.  "N? Why are you yelling?" "Ummmmm, nothing?" "Ok, I'm going to get some supplies for my railgun, so I'll be gone for a few hours." "Cool, yeah." N said, not really paying attention while playing. "N? Do you need help?" "No, I'm fine." "It's fine, what are you struggling on? Oh, the Absolute Radiance? This is a tough one." Uzi then started coaching N, while N was still embarrassed at being caught lacking. "Uzi, please. I can do this on my own." "No, you need help." "Fine." And N eventually beat the boss with Uzi's help. "Ok N, now I'll be gone for a while, so you can either go back to the pod, or stay here." "I'll stay here, V is with Lizzy." "Those lovebirds." While Uzi was gone, N kept on playing the games. He needed to take his mind off of Uzi. She was cool and- no. He needed to stop fantasising about his doomed crush on Uzi. He had a friend, not a love interest. Only a friend. N ended up staying up until midnight playing games. He had to pretend to sleep when Uzi came. And he lay awake in bed, thinking about nothing and everything, all at once.