Marnie x Fem! Reader || Part One

———

Author's Note:

This was initially a full-blown book, not a one-shot, but I decided to post it here as well, since I'm unpublishing the main fanfiction (I have far too many books lol) due to saving space.

Also, you have been warned, I wrote this a year or so ago. Also, I don't care enough about it to edit and revise it, so... this is what you get.

———

"Ahh! Finally here!" I say, stretching my arms wide above my head as I look around me.

I am standing in front of Budew Inn, a popular hotel in Galar, just west of Monostoke Stadium. It is a tall brick building with many windows, and a lit-up green sign indicating what it is. My shoes click as I step across the brick road and through the sliding glass doors.

Inside, two staircases lead up to a slightly higher floor, where the front desk is. That brings me to why I'm here! To qualify as a gym challenger, you have to register. To do that, you have to go to Bidew Inn.

Walking up the small staircase, I notice a crowd of a few oddly dressed delinquent-like people, wearing only punk black and pink. Why were there gangsters here?

I head up to the registration desk to check in but instead am met with three hollering teenagers, who seem to be huge fans of a girl, whose face is on their posters.

"Um, can I get past you? I need to check in." I ask.

"Heck no, ya ain't getting by! We can't allow anyone else to register for da gym challenge, cuz Marnie's gotta win!" One of them yelled at me.

Another one growls, "Let's battle, and we'll show you that Marnie is the best!"

"Bring it on!" I say, and grip my Sylveon's Pokeball tightly.

"Wait, wait!" Cries a girl who rushes in holding a Morpeko. She wears a pink dress and black leather jacket, matching her spiky black pigtails. I recognize her for some reason.

That's it! She's the one who's on the posters her fan club is holding, Marnie.

"What are you lot doing' here? Don't go fighting random Gym Challenges!" Marnie exhales and turns to face me, "Sorry 'bout them. They're just a bunch of my fans. Call themselves Team Yell and follow me around, cheerin' for me. I think they've let it all go to their heads a bit..."

"Doesn't that bother you?" I tilt my head.

But she's already scolding the fan club, "Come on, you lot! Back home with you now!"

"W-w-we're so sorry!!" They all sob and rush out of the hotel.

Marnie sighs, "They're just so caught up with wantin' to support me and all that they tend to get a bit mean with other Gym Challengers. Sorry if they caused you any trouble."

"No! It's not your fault, Miss Marnie!" I wave my hands to dismiss the thought.

"Don't call me 'miss'. It makes me seem like a stuffy, er, noble-like person. Just Marnie s'kay," She shrugs.

"Alright! I'm (Y/N), and same thing!" I smile, trying not to seem uncomfortable since she seemed like a sort of shy girl to be disregarding honorifics.

"You're lookin' a bit gobsmacked by all this. You must be from some small country town, is that it? I'm quite the same myself." Marnie nods, "Guess I'd better get to bed and rest up for tomorrow. You'd better get to sleep, too."