chapter 7

Chapter 7

                                                         Aria~~

Elijah Davies had been a pain in my ass, it wasn't tough to deal with him, it was nearly impossible to deal with him. The study sessions with were going quite generally. He came and sit for hours listening to me but when I asked him solving question,  he couldn't. Trust me I wasn't a terrible tutor , the students I've handled before they have spectacularly improved themselves. I knew Elijah also could do this, sitting with him, observing him, I had my conclusion he could focus and could improve if he wanted. But he wouldn't. He sat there listening to me , if I could say more specifically he continuously stared me, as if I was the one he was studying. Rather than solving math and physics problems he found me more interesting. I could see in his brown piercing eyes, intensity sparking in his gaze, the urge of unfolding me striking in those beautiful dangerous gaze. He was determined to understand me and then break me apart. His gaze wasn't gentle, it more looked like a predator studying his prey before attacking.

I wanted to avoid his cold lingering predatory look. But I was unable to do so. I was practically drawn toward his eyes, making myself terribly weak and shudder. But I had made my mind not crossing any line with Elijah Davies. Not now or never.

But he had decided he wouldn't leave me alone. He was always here and there. In the uni wherever I headed I found him. I didn't know if he was after me or coincidentally encountering him. Or he was always there I didn't notice him before. Or my eyes wouldn't stop searching for him.

I was thinking all these things doodling on my notepad. Urghhh! I couldn't focus either. I got up and grabbed another cup of coffee. And Elijah was still there sitting looking at the notes I've given him. We were having study sessions for a week almost. The best part is he wouldn't ever miss any session and the worst part is he couldn't solve the questions or deliberately wouldn't solve them, deciding getting on my nerves.

It was my third cup of coffee within two hours and Elijah was with one cup. He asked me question about the notes and problems I answered them patiently but... I sighed sipping my cafine. Cafine is my necessary evil. Black and bitter one. It tasted awful but good for unwanted thinking. I opened my biology note, reading it with concentration. I saw with my corner of my eyes Elijah was again looking at me. Uffff ! What should I do with him?

"It's your third cup?"

I suddenly reacted at the voice which just made the silence vanishing in the air, making my cheeks flushed.

"Yeah, you want another?" I tried to say keeping myself unfazed.

"Within 2 hours, you drank three cups of coffee."

Here, he noticed. There was no point of denying it. I made myself sit straighten on the floor.

"I know."

"How could you drink such tasteless bitter thing ?"

The question made me little uncomfortable, I always drank coffee as if it was the medicine and I've chosen black, bitter coffee because it suited me. I hate the bitter taste but it reminded me everytime I need to remember every bitterness. I wasn't belong to any sweeter things, the more bitter the more good. It was my life. Bitter and acrid.

"You need bitter things keeping you awake."

I didn't flinched telling him coldly. It was actually the truth, I needed that pungent, awful taste in my life to live. Bitterly. Because I deseve.  because....."You're selfish, you only care about yourself." The voice echoed in my ear.