Chapter 22: Gloria Saves Melman

At the volcano, Melman was at the rock bridge that it was on top of the lava of the volcano while the other animals were facing and singing a chant for Melman to sacrifice and have paint all over their bodies too.

"Okay, here we go. Okay, okay." Melman said to himself while standing in fear.

"Here we go! Here we go!" Melman said.

Joe came next to the other giraffes, wearing the witch doctor uniform.

"What's all the hoopla about?" Joe asked.

The other giraffes turned to see Joe and were surprised.

"Joe?" Stephen asked.

"Joe the Witch Doctor? We thought you were dead!" The other giraffe said.

"So did I. Then I realized I'm covered in brown spots." Joe said.

"So, Melman's not dying! Melman's not dying!" Stephen said in fear.

"Oh, no!" The other giraffe said.

Gloria was getting to Melman with Katie and Brandon while they all were passing by the other animals.

"Melman!" Gloria shouted while running.

"Excuse me! Pardon me! Sorry!" Katie said while running and passing by the animals.

"Move! Sorry!" Brandon shouted while passing.

"Don't do this!" Gloria shouted to Melman.

King Julien and Maurice were there to see Melman's sacrifice.

"Julien, stop this! This is crazy!" Gloria shouted to King Julian.

"Oh, suddenly throwing a giraffe into a volcano to make water is crazy!" King Julien said.

"Yes!" Gloria and Brandon shouted together in a union.

"That's what we meant!" Katie shouted.

They all continue running and passing by to get to Melman.

"Please, Melman! Stop!" Gloria shouted.

Melman heard the voice and turned around to see Gloria and the others.

"Gloria? Guys?" Melman asked.

"You can't do this!" Katie shouted.

"Why not?" Melman asked.

"Because... Oh!" Gloria shouted as she fell down.

As Gloria fell down, it created crakes to where Melman stands. Melman got so scared, and the rock bridge started to fall off. Melman quickly gets to the bridge while it still keeps falling until it is too late and Melman falls.

"Grab him, hurry!" Katie shouted.

Gloria slides down fast to get Melman as he screams, Gloria finally grabs him by the antlers. The other animals stopped dancing when they all gasped, but went 'OH' in defeated mood.

"You can't do this, Melman." Gloria said.

"First of all, that hurts. Second of all, I've only got 18 more hours to live, anyway." Melman said.

"Melman, I gotta know... Did you mean those things you said about me?" Gloria asked.

"Of course I did." Melman answered.

"It's crazy." Gloria said.

"It is?" Melman asked.

Gloria picks him up high, and she carried him in a bridle style to continue their conversation.

"It's crazy to think I had to go halfway around the world...to find out the perfect guy for me lived right next door." Gloria explained.

"Then it's you and me, neighbor. You and me for the next 18 hours." Melman said and smiled.

"I'll take whatever you got." Gloria said.

They both touched each other's head together, and the animals went 'AW' in a love seeing mood, including the others too.

"That's so sweet." Katie said.

"They are perfect for each other." Katie said.

"You said it." Brandon said to Marty in agreement.

King Julien and Maurice were confused about what they all just saw.

"Maurice, what happened?" King Julien asked.

"I believe the fat lady has sung." Maurice answered.

Suddenly, Marty enters in while running.

"Guys!" Marty shouted.

The others look and see Marty.

"Marty, what are you doing here?" Katie asked.

"What's going on?" Brandon asked.

"Listen up! Alex is in big trouble! We have to get upriver fast to get to him!" Marty shouted.

"Where's Mariah?" Gloria asked.

"She's trying to help Alex. We need to get to them!" Marty shouted.

"What about the plane?" Melman asked.

"Perfect! Come on!" Marty shouted.

At the plane, the gang is with the chimpanzees to try to gets the penguins to fix the plane fast to rescue Alex.

"The plane won't be fixed until the suits meet our demands. Now, maternity leave." Mason said.

"Maternity leave?" Skipper asked.

Skipper looked down under the table.

"You're all males." Skipper said.

"Skipper, we really need that plane for a rescue mission." Marty said.

"There's nothing I can do until we bust up this union." Skipper said.

"I'll gonna get the bust up all of you if you don't get this plane going." Gloria said angrily.

"Please, we need to help our friend now." Marty said.

"Can't you see these commies have my hands tied? No maternity leave." Skipper said.

Kowalski writes a line over the word on the paper. Mason elbowed Phil to get the folder.

"Maybe a certain someone wouldn't want these blowing around on the Savannah." Mason said.

Phil shows the pictures of Skipper and his bobblehead hula girl, Skipper gets freaked out to see that as Kowalski is smiling. Then, Skipper looked angrily to the others to stop looking while they were a bit confused.

"Please? It's our only hope." Katie said worriedly.

"All right. You get your maternity leave." Skipper said to the monkeys.

Mason and Phil looked at each other, grinning.

"Finally." Marty said.

The chimpanzees started to get working to fix the plane so fast as they all could.