Chapter 18: The Missing Watering Hole

In the morning of the next day, Alex was with a nest that looked like a boxing bag that had a painted face on it.

"Surprised to see me, Makunga? Well, I'm here to set things straight, like a real lion! Is this real enough for you? How about this? This is for setting me up! This is for stealing my dad's job! This is for humiliating my family! This is for taking my girlfriend away from me! And making me look like a fool!" Alex shouted as he punched the bag so many times.

A lot of birds come out of the nest and attack Alex wildly, even carrying and dropping him until they all fly away. Alex coughed up some birds out of his mouth, and they all left, too.

"Had enough? Sure, fly away! Coward." Alex said.

Alex hears a voice screaming 'NO' and sees a lot of animals surrounding by the ground go where the water is supposed to be, but the water is all gone.

"The water. It's gone." A giraffe said.

"The watering hole has never gone dry before." A female hippo said.

"We'll need a lot more dying holes." The other giraffe said.

"How could this happen?" Bobby asked.

Makunga shows up to the watering hole.

"Out of my way! What is going on here?!" Makunga asked.

"The watering hole is dry! There's barely water for one of us!" Bobby said.

"Good observation, Shirley." Makunga said.

"I'm Bobby." Bobby said.

"Makunga, what do we do?" A giraffe asked Makunga.

"Quiet!" Makunga shouted, and the animals listened to Makunga.

"Listen up! I'm afraid there is only one solution to this horrible crisis: We'll all have to fight for it." Makunga explained.

"Fight for it? We can't fight for it." A female lioness said.

"That's crazy." A male buffalo said.

"That's not fair. You'd win!" Bobby said.

"Exactly, Shirley." Makunga said.

"I'm Bob..." Bobby said but interrupted when Makunga kicked him.

"Sorry, folks, but life isn't fair. I'm in charge now, thanks to Alakay, the dancing lion." Makunga said.

"Please, Makunga, this is the only water on the reserve." The child giraffe said.

"If you're thirsty, you'll have to look for water off the reserve." Makunga said.

Alex looked back at him and thought about the plan to get the water.

"Off the reserve?" A male voice asked.

"It's too dangerous!" The other male voice shouted.

"Hunters would shoot us!" A female voice shouted.

"No one leaves the reserve and survives!" Another female voice said.

"I left the reserve! And survived." Alex said, and the animals looked at him.

"I can do something about this. Looks like a clogged pipe, like we get in New York. I'll travel upriver..." Alex explained his plan.

"Upriver?" A male voice asked.

"Off the reserve?" Another male voice asked.

"You?" Makunga asked and laughs about to.

"Yeah, me. I'll unclog the pipe and bring back your water." Alex said.

"Great! I'd help you pack, but by the looks of that hat, I see you're all set!" Makunga said and laughs again.

"Fine. Go ahead, laugh. Laugh your mane off. I'll prove you wrong." Alex said angrily to Makunga and leaves.

"Maybe you should try a little rain dance." Makunga teased.

Makunga sings a little song and keeps on laughing.

"Zuba would know what to do." A giraffe said.

"Where's Zuba?" The other giraffe asked.

"You don't care about us." An elephant said.

"Zuba should be in charge, not you." A female hippo said.

Makunga gets upset when he hears about it.

"All right, fine! As an added measure, I will consult with Zuba!" Makunga said to the animals.

Before Alex was gonna go to find the water, he looked for Mariah around the area until he finally saw her. Mariah was wearing her pink sunglasses and just finished changing into a new outfit: a pink crop top and blue jeans shorts.

"Okay. Since I'm off of that dress for the passage. This outfit should be fine with me since it is more to this fashion for the season." Mariah said to herself.

Marty was with Mariah, putting on the black and white striped scarf.

"So, what do you think of that scarf?" Mariah asked.

"It looks great on me." Marty said.

When Alex sees Mariah in a new outfit, he hesitates behind her and Marty.

"Uh, Mariah?" Alex asked.

Mariah didn't turn around to see him.

"Oh, no. I'm not talking to you, Makunga. You know that I will never marry you." Mariah said and put on her lipgloss.

"Mariah, it's me." Alex said.

Mariah recognizes the voice of who it was. She puts away her lipgloss and turns around to see Alex.

"What are you doing here?" Mariah asked.

"I just came here to say that I'm sorry. I didn't mean that I didn't listen to you at the passage. I just hope that you will forgive me." Alex said worriedly.

Mariah's expression changed from anger to confidence that she does care about him.

"I forgive you. I miss you so much." Mariah said, and they both smiled and hugged together.

Alex looked at Marty wearing the scarf.

"I guess that scarf will let me know that it's you." Alex said.

Mariah and Marty notice what Alex is gonna go to since he was about to leave.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Marty asked.

"I'm going to get the water for the watering hole because it was dried up. I've decided to go off the reserve to find the water, I'm doing it not only for the other animals, but for my parents." Alex explained.

"I'll go with you. I can help since you might need a hand." Mariah said.

"How are you gonna save yourself when you get taken away or getting caught?" Alex asked.

"I told you, I'm not like that anymore. I'm a blackbelt. My body is a dangerous weapon. You seen me doing some moves while fighting before, right?" Mariah asked.

"Yes, I do remember." Alex said.

"Okay, I'm in, too. I'll help you guys." Marty said.

"No, Marty. You can't come with us." Alex said.

"I don't believe you don't have a choice." Marty said.

"Okay. Come on, let's go to find the water together." Alex said.

They all smiled and left out of the reserve to go pass by the wires and into the jungle.