Chapter 21: Finding the Water

Alex, Marty, and Mariah were in the jungle, looking around to keep on trying to find the water.

"Is this place starting to freaking you out?" Mariah asked.

"Nope, don't worry. I'm sure that it'll be easy. We'll slip in and find the problem. Hunters will never know we were here." Alex explained while hiding behind things like a spy.

"Are you sure that you really want to do this?" Marty asked.

"I have no other choice. Besides, my dad will think I'm... I want to show him I'm a real lion." Alex said.

"But you are a real lion. You were before." Mariah said.

"I know this may sound hard to believe, but apparently, lions don't dance. As far as my dad is concerned." Alex explained.

"What?!" Marty shouted.

"Shh!" Alex shushed.

"As far as people are concerned, you're a hit." Mariah said.

"In New York. This is Africa... much tougher crowd." Alex said.

Alex stops and finally finds something.

"Guys, I think this is it." Alex said.

They both see a lot of tree trunks like it's blocking something from the other side since it's is a dam.

"This is the clog! Come on." Alex said.

Alex, Mariah, and Marty climb up slowly and finally see the water.

"Well, there's the water." Mariah said.

"Yep." Alex said.

Mariah thinks of something to get the water while Marty is trying to get some water, Alex looks around and sees the humans.

"Stay down. Look at that." Alex whispered.

Mariah and Marty listened and looked over. They both see the humans, including the old lady. There were tepee tents, camping things. The old lady was teaching a few people some knitting lessons.

"Knit one, purl two." The old lady said.

"It's her." Asked whispered.

"Is this right?" A man asked the old lady.

"Very good." The old lady said.

"Nana, slow down." The other man said.

"You're a little tangled, aren't you? No, don't pull. I'll do it." The old lady said and helped him.

Alex, Mariah, and Marty get down from the dam.

"Okay. How are we gonna get the water?" Mariah whispered.

"I think there got to be another way." Alex whispered.

Suddenly, a spear hits the fruit hat that Alex was still wearing. They got scared and looked to see a lot of humans like they were acting like Indians as they made noises.

"Savages!" Alex shouted.

"Come on, let's run!" Mariah shouted.

Alex, Marty, and Mariah were running away as the humans followed them behind, trying to catch them. While running, Mariah did some flips when the humans were throwing their spears. Alex was fascinated by Mariah's moves, his heart beats, and Mariah also kicked away the spears as she missed the attacks.

"Nice moves." Alex said.

"Thanks." Mariah said

They smiled at each other until Alex felt for a trap. A rope tied his leg, and he was hanging upside down.

"Oh, no! Alex!" Marty shouted.

"Run, guys!" Alex shouted.

"But, I can't leave you here!" Mariah shouted.

"Don't worry, just go get help now!" Alex shouted.

"Looks like someone is the damsel in distress now." Mariah teased and runs away." Alex chuckled and rolled his eyes of what Mariah said that.

Alex was still hanging upside down, and the humans came closer to that, and they finally got him. From a few feet away, Mariah was looking over for Alex until she stopped to think of something.

"Mariah, what are you doing? Let's go!" Marty shouted.

"No, I have an idea. I'm gonna go to save Alex. You go get help." Mariah said.

"But he needs me to help him." Marty said.

"Don't worry, I'll handle Alex. You just go get help as soon as you can! Hurry!" Mariah shouted.

Marty runs off to go get help as Mariah goes back to get to Alex without being spotted