Chapter 8: Celebration

The flamingos sings a chant, and King Julien has a new crown and a cane to go with his new look.

"Chukka-chukka, what?" King Julien asked.

The flamingos chant, and King Julien jumps on the bellies of the hippos while laughing to have fun.

Marty walks to the herb of zebras to make friends.

"Excuse me. I'm Marty. I'm kind of new around here." Marty said to the zebras.

"Hey, Marty!" The zebras said.

The zebras look exactly like Marty, along with the same voice.

"Hey! You're a good-looking group! Do you like to run?" Marty asked.

"Yeah. Running is crack-a-lackin'." The zebras said.

"That's right! Crack-a-lackin'. You guys speak my crack-a-lackin' language." Marty said happily.

Melman was with the other giraffes.

"What? You don't have doctors here?" Melman asked.

"Not anymore." The first giraffe replied.

"Well, what if you catch a cold?" Melman asked.

"We go over to the dying holes, and we die." The second giraffe replied.

They see a giraffe in the dying hole and coughing.

"You guys really need a doctor." Melman said.

"We have an opening." The first giraffe said.

"Would you be interested?" The second giraffe asked.

"Me? A doctor?" Melman asked.

King Julien and Maurice jump on a hippo's belly as the male hippos dive into the water as Gloria talks to some female hippos.

"It's raining men. Hallelujah! You all got it going on." Gloria said.

"Why don't you have a man? You got worms?" The female hippos asked.

"Oh, I got rid of those. Listen, girls. Manhattan is short on two things, parking and hippos. Besides, about this finding the right man in life, my friend Mariah is dating my friend Alex. You should see them. They have been together for months after we landed in Madagascar." Gloria explained to the girls about Alex and Mariah's relationship.

Brandon and Katie are hanging out and talking to the hedgehogs and African rabbits, who look like them. While Mariah was with Alex and his parents for the lions and the lionesses.

"Hey, everybody! I just found out that my son is a doggone king! The King of New York! His girlfriend, Mariah, is a dancer of New York. They perform their duet together." Zuba said to the lions and lionesses.

"Show me some of your moves, son. Don't be bashful." Zuba said to Alex.

"All right. This one always knocks 'em dead. Mariah, you want to show them your dancing?" Alex asked Mariah.

"Sure, let's do our thing together." Mariah said.

Alex does his pose from New York.

"Roar!" Alex shouted as Mariah spins around to do her final pose next to Alex.

The lions and lionesses cheered loudly, including Alex's mother.

"Look out. The King is mad. The King is mad. Let's welcome him back into the pride with open arms!" Zuba shouted happily as he pushed Alex to the crowd.

The crown carried him over them.

Marty runs around the Savannah with the other zebras.

"Welcome to the herd, Marty!" A zebra said.