Chapter 16: Melman, King Julien, and Maurice

Later on that day, at the sunset, King Julien and Maurice were riding with flamingos to have fun

"Giddy-up, giddy-up! Giddy-up, giddy-up!" King Julien said.

They both stopped their ride of where the dying holes were.

"Look, Maurice! It's the perfect spot for my summer palace! Please fill in all these holes and relocate the riff-raff." King Julien said to Maurice.

They both see Melman's head out of the dying hole, he was depressed.

"Who'd leave a perfectly good head?" King Julien asked.

"What a waste." Maurice said.

"Tell me about it. I'm in my prime here. I'm terminal, you know? I probably only have another two days left to live." Melman said.

"That's a bummer, man." Maurice said.

"If I, King Julien...that's my name...only had two days left to live, I would do all the things I've ever dreamed of doing." King Julien explained.

"Like what?" Melman asked.

"I'd love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I want to get even better, make my living out of it." King Julien explained.

King Julien blows raspberry instead of whistling, spitting so much while doing it.

"You know what else I would do? I would invade a neighboring country and impose my own ideology, even if they didn't want it!" King Julien said.

"Easy for you to say. You're a king." Melman said.

"Yes. And you are only just a sad little head. But there must be something you want to do before you die!" King Julien said.

"There is this one thing." Melman said.

"What? Tell me." King Julien said.

"No, I couldn't." Melman said.

"What is it?" King Julien asked.

"I never told Gloria how I feel about her." Melman said.

"What is it? Please tell me!" King Julien said.

"I never had the guts to tell Gloria how I feel about her. How I've always felt about her." Melman explained.

"Fine. Don't tell me!" King Julien said.

King Julien was about to leave until he realized what Melman was talking about, and he turned back to Melman.

"Oh! Is it a woman? You didn't tell me it's a woman." King Julien said.

"What are you afraid of? You're a dead man anyway." Maurice said.

"Yeah. Yeah. You're right." Melman said in agreement.

"Well, you've got to march right up to this woman. Look her right in the eye. Lean forward. Just a little, or almost all the way. Then you let her lean forward a little until you're...just lips' distance away from each other. Then you tell her how much you hate her." King Julien explained as he gave advice to Melman.

"Actually, it's more like love her." Melman said.

"Oh, you sly dog! Woof, woof! You're a real player. Now listen to me. You got to rise up. Are you hearing me?" King Julien asked in a 'never give up' tone.

"Yeah." Melman said.

"He didn't hear you." Maurice said.

"I can't hear you! You got to rise up!" King Julien shouted.

"Rising up!" Maurice shouted.

"Get out of the hole!" King Julien shouted.

"I'm rising out of the ground!" Melman shouted.

"He's rising, Maurice." King Julien shouted.

"I'm rising, Maurice!" Melman shouted.

"Rising!" Maurice shouted.

"You go right up to this woman!" King Julien shouted.

"Do you feel it?" Maurice shouted.

"You gotta go up to her face!" King Julien shouted.

"Tell the truth!" Maurice shouted.

"I'm going to tell her! Then you say, Baby, I dig you!" King Julien shouted.

"Yeah! I'm going to do it! I'm going to do it!" Melman shouted, and he left.

"I love that happy little head." King Julien said.