chapter nineteen

┏━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┓
the beginning:
A SLEEPING
BEAUTY
┗━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┛

━━✥◈✥━━

KAIZEN AND NARUTO waltz through the hospital hallway, their footsteps hold a tense and stronghold atmosphere around them. Shikadai straightened his posture, pulling Inojin away when he was able to take a glimpse of the two adults approaching them.

Sarada took a sharp inhale, bowing in their presence and the others aside from Mitsuki and Boruto mimicked her actions "I heard that you saved our class rep and the rest. Thank you." Shikadai spoke, speaking out his gratitude. Boruto looks exasperated as he looks at his father desperately.

"You're chasing after the Ghost too, right?" Kaizen groaned, looking away as he listened to Boruto's plea "If you know something, tell us!"

Naruto did what the others least expected him to do, he harshly pulled the boy's ear and led him straight toward the emergency room with Shikadai and Mitsuki following. The Nara boy halts his steps when Kaizen stands beside Sarada and Inojin, as the boy beside Sarada looks dejected.

"I'll stay with them. You should go," Kaizen spoke when he noticed the longing look from Shikadai "You should know what kind of monster you're dealing with." A chill ran down his spine when the man spoke so blankly. His eyes piercing through him doesn't help.

Kaizen looked down at Inojin and held a comforting hand on his shoulder "Seiren is one floor above, wanna go with me?" he asked the two after Shikadai reluctantly followed Boruto and Mitsuki. Inojin nodded with a grim look, following Sarada who held a comforting smile.

"Don't be miserable, Seiren doesn't want us to have that kind of expression when visiting her," Kaizen said, glancing down at Inojin and Sarada "I only met Seiren in a short amount of time and I could tell, she is a great kid."

Inojin sniffs, wiping his tears away from his sleeves, smiling slightly "She is. She's extraordinary." he let out a soft chuckle.

Sarada agreed as she nodded "Hm!" before fixing her glasses, smiling towards the man "I didn't know that you're close with mama, Kai-oji." Kaizen quickly held a strong facade as if her words didn't affect her "What do you mean?"

"Saw pictures of you and Mama! You guys seemed close." Sarada obliviously didn't notice the gloomy look yet he quickly smiled, not wanting to get noticed but Inojin did anyway. "We were colleagues." He replied.

Finally arriving at the floor and marching up to the door, he twisted the doorknob and swung it open, softly greeting the nurse has finished checking seiren's vital. Inojin couldn't help but let out a soft whimper, finally able to see the state she was in. Slowly, he approached her on her bed, shakily reaching out for her hand before squeezing it softly.

Sarada looked away, trying to hide the sadness in her eyes, but Kaizen gently placed his hand on her shoulder, giving her a soft squeeze. His touch conveyed silent support, letting her know that she wasn't alone in her distress. They remained there, watching over Seiren as the sun dipped below the horizon and the moon began its ascent, accompanied by a scattering of twinkling stars.

Inojin, still holding onto the bed rails with a fierce grip, didn't want to leave Seiren's side. He had been at the hospital since afternoon, and his mother's arrival in the evening, filled with worry, only intensified his resolve to stay. "No! I'm staying!" he shouted defiantly, refusing to meet his mother's concerned gaze.