chapter nine

┏━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┓
the beginning:
JEALOUSY!JEALOUSY!
┗━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┛

━━✥◈✥━━

             SEIREN didn't particularly hate Mitsuki. He was a sweetheart who seemed to be oblivious to his surroundings or be able to understand people's feelings well. But something about him being good in academics and combat, she could tell that he was a perfect child. His parents must be proud to have a son like him by their side.

Her quiet figure never goes unnoticed by Inojin who eyes her from afar. He could see how small tears formed at the edge of her eyes before she managed to wipe them off to hide them, smiling like she wasn't trying to break down.

Quietly, he follows her from behind as she walks alone towards the library on her own. He playfully taps her shoulder, and she turns around, forgetting to secure the notebook from her arm which he stole from her grasp, earning a small gasp from the girl "Wha—! Ino-kun!"

She tried to pull his shirt but he was able to avoid her hand "Ehe ~" he sent her a cheeky grin. Her lips broke into a smile, shaking her head "Hey—! We have papers due today!" she shrieked when she saw some of the papers starting to slip from the pages of her notes as Inojin waved the notebook in the air.

"Come on, Sei! Loosen up a bit." Inojin complained as he lowered the notebook and handed it back to her which she gladly took with a sigh of relief. "I can't," she murmurs, her smile escapes from her lips. "I need to go, Ino-kun. See you later?"

She didn't give him the chance to reply when she ran past him in a hurry, slightly yelping when papers almost slipped yet again and arranged them along the way. Inojin frowned as he watched her walk away, reluctant to pull her back to him but knowing Seiren and her well-being. She needs some time alone. Inojin doesn't like it one bit.

Seiren arrived later at a secluded library, tears started to stream down her eyes, and she covered her mouth to conceal the sob escaping from her throat. Resting on the table, she buried her face in her arms and continued to weep in sadness.

She thanked Kami that she had her class an hour later.

After her breakdown, she was able to calm herself down. She shakily took another tissue from the tissue box that she had brought with her and dabbed it on her eyes to wipe the excess of her tears.

"Why the sad face, dove?" a familiar voice brought her to look up immediately, and she got up from her chair and leaped towards the person who caught her in ease.

Keishi rubbed her shoulder in comfort as she started to cry "I got you..." he whispered. Seiren knew crying wouldn't solve the problem of her being weak, but it would help release the frustration she felt towards herself. Why would her father think that he has a disappointment of a daughter? Why did she even exist in the first place?

Maybe shortly, her father would favor her older sister and how can she even deserve the Uchiha name or even the crest?

Seiren has told him everything. Her feelings and mostly how she felt towards their new classmate Mitsuki. He released a soft chuckle to see how red her nose was, and how her eyes were puffy, she could barely open her eyes without squinting them. Her eyes were threatening to close from the tiredness she felt. "I'm sorry— I should have greeted you properly."