chapter six

┏━━━━━━━𑁍━━━━━━━━┓
the beginning:
her protector
┗━━━━━━━𑁍━━━━━━━━┛

━━━━

SHE LEANS her head on his shoulder as they were now walking towards her neighbourhood, Dogs bark from the unfamiliar people passing by their territory "I'm sorry, you must be very tired from earlier yet you're carrying me back home." she murmurs on his jacket, Boruto chuckled."You don't need to apologize, Sei." he reassures.

He felt her grip around his shoulder tighten, and he bit his lower lip before asking, "Do you get it often?" Seiren leans over his shoulder, and her breath reaches his neck, causing him to go stiff slightly as the atmosphere around them grows tense."Yeah..." she whispered, and he slightly squeezed her mid-thighs in comfort.

They both looked forward and saw Sarada at their gate post. "Sarada!" Boruto calls out.

She immediately looks at him and immediately breathes out in relief. "There you are, Sei." Ignoring Boruto in the background who pouts, he carefully sets Seiren on the ground. "Glad you came home safe." Sarada hugged her before punching Boruto's arm, who yelped."Ow! What was that for?!" He glares.

"Thanks for escorting her home, dobe." Sarada crosses her arms with a smirk, and the blonde laughs. "Yeah, yeah." He looks over at Seiren, who smiles softly."I'll be going now..." Before he could even step back from the twins, Seiren nervously approached him. He leaned closer before he felt a light peck on his cheek. "T-Thank you for e-escorting me home." Seiren cries out, bowing almost immediately and scurried back in, ignoring the soft giggles of her older twin and a flabbergasted look from Boruto.

"Neh, Boruto?" The boy hums, snapping back from his thoughts as he looks at Sarada."Don't play with her feelings... Alright?" she says, looking at him dead in the eye, Boruto says nothing which Sarada excuses herself, bidding the blonde goodbye as she went in and closes the gate, leaving Boruto staring on the ground with the lamppost illuminating his figure.

"What..?"

Seiren nervously prepares herself to go to sleep. She softly brushed her pink locks with her comb before setting it down and letting out a sigh. A soft knock on the door interrupted her thoughts as Sakura came in with a small smile. "Getting ready for bed?" she asked, pushing the door slightly open and letting herself lean on the doorframe.

"Hm." Seiren hummed with a small smile before she leaned towards her mother's touch as Sakura approached her and caressed her face."You look so frail... Did you overwork yourself again?" Sakura worriedly examined her daughter's face, and Seiren let out a soft laugh."I'm fine, Mama."

Sakura looks at her in reluctance. "I promise." The girl promised and hugged her."Good night, Mama."

She reciprocated her embrace before pulling and closing the door behind her.

As the night passes by, Seiren has herself tossing and turning. Her eyes never seemed to want to rest, but her body says otherwise. It was slightly aching in pain. She slowly sat up and looked down at her palm, tracing the lines of her palm before she caressed the veins that started to get visible under her sight.

"Tomorrow is another day." Oh, how she dreaded the morning.

﹙★﹚ we fell in love in october
that's whყ I love Fall. ౨ৎ