Chapter 11

We fucked four more times in the morning before we went out to have breakfast and replenish our energy. I briefly talked to Becky who had some questions about the house before the prospect buyers started to come in. We then went to look for a gift for Marcus's coworker whose birthday party we were going to tonight. We decided on a really nice leather cover for a laptop that had multiple compartments for external hard drives, flash drives, cables and such. We got it at BookPeople, a local bookstore located downtown.

After that, Marcus took me to the Texas State Capitol and showed me around. Even though we lived in Texas, I had never been there before and I was shocked at how big it was, and how beautiful as well.

"Did you know that you can fit the entire Statue of Liberty in here?" Marcus asked me when we walked into the entrance hall.

I didn't believe him, but we still walked around and checked out the art and the gift shop as well as some fantastic views that Marcus seemed to know all about. He was like my own personal guide. I couldn't stop looking at him and even though we had already had sex four times that morning, I still couldn't wait until we got back to his place so we could do it again.

But I had to note that I enjoyed just simply spending time with him and getting to know him. I liked the way his eyebrows got all tense when he was explaining something to me or when he was trying to accurately relay some fact or another.

After we got tired from the Capitol, we went and had a nice lunch and then indulged into some fantastic and naughty doughnuts that came in a big pink box.

It was then that Marcus realized that if we don't get back to his apartment soon and start getting ready, we were going to be late to the party. We walked back home, and after we took a shower together and swapped quick blowjobs because we didn't have time for anything else, we put on nice clean clothes and we called an Uber to Marcus's coworker's birthday party.

"His name is Trent, and he's the director of the marking department. I don't know many people from the marketing department because I work in accounting, but I know it's the biggest department in the company because it brings in the most revenue," Marcus was catching me up to whatever it was I was going to walk into.

My old me would've not been comfortable with something like this, but the new Brent was relaxed and didn't care too much.

"How do you know Trent then?"

"Well, we hooked up one time when I first moved here," said Marcus, catching me off guard. I wasn't expecting that, but Marcus continued as if what he shared with me was that Trent helped him with a glitch on his computer. But, I guess he didn't react any type of way about me, Julio and Carter, so I had no reason to say anything. That didn't help the pang of jealousy I felt still in my heart, but I kept quiet. Me and Marcus weren't exclusive, but I still swallowed my words a bit uncomfortably. "It wasn't very... fun, but we continued being friendly with each other and now we're just buddies who chat at work. I think you will like him."

"I'm sure I will," I said in a tone that I hoped was laid-back and matter-of-factly.

We arrived at the party which was hosted on the rooftop of a very nice hotel. The air was hot like it was all day, but as the night descended upon us, up there on the roof you could feel a gentle wind which was most welcome.

Marcus introduced me to some of his coworkers, whose names I forgot almost immediately. The birthday boy was nowhere to be found, but there seemed to be over a hundred people there, so we just went to the bar and got ourselves drinks. A catering firm was serving hors d'oeuvres.