Chapter 5

Twenty-four hours and eleven cum-filled condoms in the trash later, Marcus and I finally said goodbye to each other. He didn't want to leave, and I didn't want to let him go, but he said he had to be home on Sunday morning because his washing machine had stopped working earlier that week, and that was the only day the person who was supposed to fix it because it was still under warranty could make it to his house, and he didn't want to wait until Thursday the week after the following to do laundry in the privacy of his own home.

Marcus fucked me like I hadn't been fucked by anyone, but I was also thrilled that he let me fuck him as well. At first, I was worried that my cock couldn't possibly fit in his small, but still sexy, butt, but I was surprised at how well he took the whole thing and the enthusiasm with which he rode me. We fucked in the kitchen, in mine and Whitney's old marital bed, and a few times in the shower as well.

One couldn't tell by looking at him, but Marcus was surprisingly apt in the art of gay sex, and for someone who had completely abstained from sex for seven months, it was a refreshing change of pace.

I wanted to fuck bareback a few times, but Marcus insisted that we use condoms because he was determined to break my unhealthy habits, even though we were both taking PrEP.

"There are other STIs out there, and PrEP only stops you from contracting HIV, and it is still not 100% effective," he said wisely when I suggested it the second time.

But having sex using condoms was a good thing, because it made me feel like a teenager again, and that shift in my perspective made me less tired and more willing to keep up with Marcus's stamina.

Before he left, the last time we had sex—for now—we were lounging in the bed I used to share with Whitney, both of our bodies completely sticky and covered in sweat and cum, but neither one of us had the strength or the will to get up and take a shower. We talked no holds barred about how this newfound aspect of our relationship made us feel, and we were completely honest with each other, holding nothing back. It was refreshing and strange to me, but I also kind of liked it.

I told Marcus that I loved having sex with him—and learning new, healthy sex habits—and that I still considered him my best and closest friend. I told him that I see the potential of eventually pursuing a real, adult romantic relationship with him, but I didn't want to jump into anything just yet. He told me that he felt similarly, that even though he enjoyed this a lot and had been fantasizing about it for a few months, he didn't want to get his hopes up, and he said that he would only be interested in pursuing something more serious only after my divorce with Whitney was finalized, because as of that moment, I was still, unfortunately, a man married to a woman.

After that we ordered food, and while we waited for it, we showered and made out like some immature kids who were just now starting to date. And then after we ate dinner together, he left and I felt lonely, but happy at the same time.

When Whitney left me and when I thought I was HIV-positive, it was hard for me to imagine what my future would look like. I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to trust another man, because William and George—and even Lance—had all betrayed my trust in one way or another. Of course, that was nothing to the way I betrayed Whitney's trust, because as soon as I hooked up with her brother, I should've said something, and at least come clean about my confused sexuality, which needless to say, I didn't do.

Now, thanks to Marcus again, I could imagine this future for myself as a healthy and still relatively young gay man. I was glad I was able to take a lover once again, and I was glad that it was in a much healthier and mature way than before. I was also glad that I was able to stop myself when Marcus made the first move on me, and allow myself to process everything before I gave myself onto pleasure and sensations fully and wholeheartedly.