Chapter 6

His question snapped me back into reality, and suddenly I found myself obeying his request, as I stepped out of the way so he can come in.

William. The man that shattered my heart.

My eyes couldn't get enough of his appearance. In the two-and-a-half years since he completely destroyed the false sense of self I had cultivated over the thirty-three years that I had been alive, William had definitely been working on himself... at least in a physical sense.

His biceps were bulging now without any effort, even as he had both of his hands inside the pocket of his shorts, which were stretched so taut and it perfectly outlined the shape of his perfectly sculpted ass. His hair was slightly longer, but styled and it looked flawless, and the tight white shirt he had on complimented his pecs that were as big as mine now. He was wearing a pair of chucks on his feet, and as he walked in and was looking around the house as if it was his first time being there, I closed the door behind us, and he turned around to face me.

William. The man who set me off on this journey of self-discovery.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I felt like I was out of breath, like I had run a few thousand miles, but I was trying to reign in my emotions and feelings that were brewing up a storm inside my soul, and attempting to channel the Brent that was smiling at his reflection in the mirror upstairs as he was putting cologne on not even five minutes ago. Everything before this moment seemed like a lie, an illusion, something belonging to some other person's life.

"You smell nice," said William, instead of answering my question.

I felt myself melt like a block of ice in the hot Texas sun when he said that. I was a puddle now, and I was completely at his mercy.

William. My soon-to-be-ex-wife's brother.

Why did I allow another human being to have this effect on me?

"T-thank you," I said.

"Can I get some water? It's boiling out there."

"Of course," I said, and then I was walking into the kitchen, and opening the fridge to grab him a bottle of water. The stampede of animals going wild in my stomach didn't have any plans of calming down any time soon, apparently. I turned around to head back to the entrance hallway, and then my breath got caught in my throat when I saw that William had silently followed me.

"Your water," I said, as if on autopilot, and I handed him the bottle I just grabbed from the fridge.

He took it from my hand, our fingers briefly brushing against each other, but at that moment, time seemed to stand still, and just that simple and innocent touch brought another set of sensations and feelings flooding over me like a dam in my mind had been broken, and it was now flooding my entire body.

William sucking me off in the bathroom... William plowing me like there was no tomorrow in the guest bedroom... William telling me he loved me as well when I confessed my feelings to him...

I had to grip the edge of the kitchen island as soon as I let go of the water bottle because I couldn't trust my legs to hold me any longer. As William opened the bottle and started gulping down the cold water, his thirst almost palpable, I managed to sit on one of the chairs around the kitchen island, and I couldn't help myself but be conscious about the way I did so, afraid that I must've looked ridiculous. The way this man rattled me was no joke.

He finished the entire bottle of water and then he sighed in satisfaction. His eyes locked on mine, he sat on a chair that was a good distance away from the chair I was sitting on. I almost sighed with relief at the physical distance that separated us. I knew it was going to be hard enough to talk to him as it is. If he was sitting close-by, that task would've seemed borderline impossible.