I continue, "We need to be able to see clearly. We can't risk going in blind, wandering around in the dark. Once they knew what we were up to, all they'd have to do is fall back and guard Sasuke's coffin. They could take up a defensive position and wait for us to come to them. The advantage would be all on their side." I imagine all of us trying to steal the coffin but failing epically as the Sound nin stay on their guard around it.

"Of course, things would be a lot different if we had Neji and his Byakugan. My Earth Release Sensing Jutsu works best on spud ground."

Kiba asks, "Aren't you forgetting about me and Akamaru and our sense of smell?!"

"Arf, arf!" Barks Akamaru pointedly.

I say, "I didn't forget about those sensitive noses of yours. Even so, in this part of the woods, they've got the geography in their favour. What's more..." I gaze up at the full moon. "... What's the sense of attacking now, when both Shikamaru's and Kage's Jutsus are no help? The moonlight's too dim. There's too many clouds passing over for their Shadow Jutsus to be effective."

Shikamaru groans, "It's a drag, but to be completely safe, we've gotta wait till daylight."

Kiba murmurs uncertainly, "I dunno..."

"I agree!" Naruto chimes.

"What?!"

"Sakuya-chan and Shikamaru are our leaders! And if they say we wait, then we're gonna wait!" Naruto tells the Inuzuka.

I murmur wearily, "I just hope I'm right..."

🌸🌸🌸

By dawn the next morning, we'd caught up to the remaining two Sound ninja. Shikamaru gives me the order to stay hidden and I duck behind a tree while the plan is put in action.

Tayuya says as there's a thump on the coffin lid, "Hold on a second." Her voice is surprisingly deep. They stop on a branch.

Sakon inquires, "Are we getting close?"

"No, but take a look." The brown eyed girl turns her head to look over her shoulder and her comrade follows her gaze. Only to see Naruto, Kiba and Shikamaru standing on a branch behind them. "And, of course, now that we need them, there's no sign of Jirobo or Kidonaru!"

Naruto says with a grin as he holds up his kunai, "Sorry. Just us!"
Facing my comrades, Sakon asks, "Who needs those two when I can handle these guys myself!!"

"Get ready!" Naruto calls right before throwing his kunai at the enemy. Sakon dodges before placing his hands in the Dragon Hand Sign. Naruto creates a Shadow Clone and they start to form the Rasengan while Kiba and Shikamaru launch themselves at the Sound ninja.

"Fist Barrage!" Sakon calls before rapidly punching Shikamaru and Kiba. The Rasengan is now fully formed. The others disappear, as they were Shadow Clones.

"The Shadow Clone Jutsu, huh?" Tayuya mutters.

"Rasengan!" Naruto throws his Jutsu but Sakon easily catches his arm.

"How are you supposed to hit one when you can't throw it?" Queries Sakon.

"TUNNELLING FANG!!" Kiba spins right through the Uzumaki but he poofs away and Sakon sucks to avoid Kiba who sails right past them. Naruto had also been a Shadow Clone.