Chapter 61

Sakuya's P. O. V:

Homura gently sets me on my feet and I gaze around, noting we're pretty far from the village.

"Come on, Homura. Let's try to get back to the others," I say before I begin walking. We walk for several hours before I feel a familiar vibration heading towards me.

"Sakuya?"

I relax at the feeling of Kiba's vibration. "Kiba!" There's a gash on his left arm. "You're injured. Let me heal you." I go up to Kiba and wrap water around my hands before I place them over his wound and begin to heal it. "Are the others here?"

He says, "We split off into the woods to escape the Ryuzaki. I haven't seen anyone before you and Homura." I finish healing him and pull back.

"How's that?" I ask.

Kiba glances at his round as he replies, "Better."

"Let's find a place to camp for the night—" We're about to leave when shout catches our attention.

"There they are!" We whirl around to find Akira with six other Ryuzaki.

"Get them!" Akira orders.

Homura swiftly transforms and we mount her before sue takes off, dodging kunai and elemental attacks.

🌸🌸🌸

"This should be safe enough," I say after we land in a clearing and dismount. I hug Homura. "Good job, girl. You must be tired." She huffs in response.

I face the hollowed put tree were in front of as Homura returns to her kitten form. "Let's sleep here for the night and head back in the morning."

Kiba agrees and we lie down to sleep.

Third Person's P. O. V:

In the Tower at the village, the Leaf and Blossoms ninja sit in a room with the chief and her husband with food. Some of the Genin got injured while trying to escape.

"It looks like we're all here!" Naruto cheers.

"We're still missing a few," Says Kakashi.

Hotaru adds, "Kiba, Sakuya and Homura."

Sakura says assuringly, "I'm sure they'll be back soon."

"I hope so," Saki murmurs as her husband places a comforting hand on her shoulder.

🌸🌸🌸

Akira and his group have stopped in the forest, having lost sight of Sakuya and her friends.

"We've lost sight of them, sir," Says a Ryuzaki. "

"Find them," He snaps.

His members activate their Kekkei Genkai once more and scan the forest. One of them spots the princess with the feline and another Leaf ninja, along with a ninja hound pup. They look more like red flames with his Dojutsu.

"Found them, Akira-sama," The redhead announces.

Akira grins. "Take me to them."

"Yes, sir." They all follow the Ryuzaki to where the Leaf ninja are hiding.

Sakuya's P. O. V:

Kiba and I wake up the next morning and we all stretch, Homura yawning.

The sun shines brightly as we step out and start walking.

"It'll take us awhile to get back now," I sigh.

"I know," Kiba says.

Suddenly, I see a huge spider perched on a log I walk past, and I immediately shudder violently and let out a shriek before I scramble backwards.

He pauses and gives me a raised eyebrow as he asks, "What is it?"

I stammer as I point with a shaky hand at the arachnid, "Sp-Spider!"

Kiba glances to it and tells me, "Just walk around it. It's not gonna hurt you."

I keep a weary eye on the arachnid as I inch around it, Kiba and Homura walking ahead of me. When I was a safe distance away from it, I hurry up to the nekomata.

"You're afraid of spiders?" Kiba asks.

"Y-Yes. I saw a creepy one as a younger kid once and it freaked me out."

"What else are you afraid of?" He asks.

"Insects, and standing on a stage in front of very large crowds."

"So you've also got stage fright."

"So? Everyone has their fears," I mutter as we continue walking for the rest of the morning.