Chapter 1: Prey

Bloodied and bruised, he walked on the road. His legs ached from walking, yet the only thing he could see was the endless number of trees around him.

Show started to fall from above. The ground beneath his feet froze up, as all hope of escaping was crushed.
And still, he continued walking forward, each step the boy took ripped skin from his foot leaving only a bloody trail behind him.

He was forcing his lips shut so as to not let out a sound, and prayed that it would not find him. He prayed there would be a town nearby.

Tears started running down his face as he heard the pounding sound that echoed throughout the forest. The boy collapsed on the ground and started crying silently.

He started to hear a low cracking sound, the boy took a deep breath as the pounding got louder and louder, as if a walking earthquake was headed to him.

All sound disappeared for a brief moment. He looked up again, his blue eyes lit up. The boy tried taking another step.

Ice spikes exploded underneath him piercing the ragged clothes he wore.
His screams echoed the forest as blood ran on the spikes to the ground.

Twitching like a worm on a fishing hook he tried breaking the spikes.
Growling came from behind, as praying eyes looked from the woods.

"Tehehe." A deep powerful voice sounded, as something was breaking through the trees. "Looks like you want more punishment, my little Rat!"

Chills ran down his spine, the boy turned around to where the voice came from only to be met with a punch that broke him from his icy binds and sent him flying into a tree.

His barely conscious eyes focused on the figure in front of him. The thing had a tall and slim build. It was slouching. Long arms and fingers with sharp black claws on their ends. The thing was so skinny every bone was visible to the naked eye although the most disturbing was the thing's head.

Small head with large antlers coming from the top, eyes of pure blackness that starred the boy down and mouth filled to the brim with sharp needle-like teeth that was constantly shaped into a smile.

The thing tilted its head a bit. "Now what sort of punishment do you want? Just now you caused me enough trouble that I even had to murder some sort of knight escort."
"I-I-I'm sor...

A spike pierced his stomach, "That's not what I asked. " The thing knelt near him, supporting his head with one hand. " Since you clearly won't answer me I'll let you simply pick." The thing raised three fingers. As the terrified boy groaned in fear. "First option : I'll break your fingers one by one.
Second option: I'll skin you alive.
And third and last option, I'll simply dissect you and then let my dogs eat your insides."

The boy trembled in fear for a bit, with tearful eyes he bit his lip and looked the thing directly in the eyes. The thing pointed to a hole in the side of its head.
"Please..... show mercy, Lord Dagon!" he pleaded.

Dagon smiled. "One, two or three? Those are the only options."
"Please...

The thing broke the spike that had pierced the boy and gently put its hand on his face. The smile got even wider. "Option two it is, I guess." He clenched his hand and ripped half his cheek.

The boy wailed in pain as Dagon threw the dirty piece of flesh to the side. He let out a high pitch screech that echoed through the whole forest. Soon after twelve black wolves showed up. The largest approached the boy whose wounds had already started to close.

"Noir, take him to the carriage and dispose of all the bodies." Dagon turned to the boy, in a quiet tone he said, "If you do it before the sun sets, your punishment shall be lessened. And don't try running away. After all, I will always find you."