Chapter 3 - Chimes Of Death

In the confines of her office, Misuze pored over the dossier, her fingers tracing the lines of text that detailed the mystery of the seven gems. "This case," she murmured, her voice a low rasp in the silence, "geez it reeks of ancient intrigue."

Her investigation led her down labyrinthine alleys of the city, where shadows whispered secrets and truths lay buried beneath layers of deception. The killer, she deduced, coveted the fabled Seven Crystals of Kazekono, their allure a siren's call to those with dark ambitions. But the puzzle was far from complete. Why were seven lives snuffed out, each death a pawn in a deadly game played by unseen hands? Misuze's mind raced, connecting threads of evidence in a tangled web of conspiracy.

A visit to the Yamada household seemed the next logical step. Yet, as she stood before the imposing gates, a sense of foreboding gripped her. Knocking yielded no response, save for the hollow echo of emptiness. Undeterred, Misuze pressed on, her footsteps echoing in the quiet streets as she waited for Mr. Yamada's return. It was then that fate intervened, in the form of a figure cloaked in cream-colored fabric, a wraith gliding through the mist.

"Are you here for information about Mizuki's case?" the woman's voice cut through, startling Misuze from her thoughts. "I cannot answer that question, miss," she replied, her tone guarded. "I prefer to keep my business confidential."

"n-no no you misunderstood" The woman took her hood of to reveal Long Matcha colored green hair, natural from the Yamada traits "Im Yamada Miyuki, im Mizuki and Zukos Elder sister, i assume my family has never mentioned me? I can answer a few questions.. " "I see that Miyuki, would you please care to walk to the City cafe with me?"

As they entered the Cafe, Miyuki's heavy sigh echoed through the room, signaling the weight of her troubled past. "I was cast out of my family when I became pregnant at a young age," she confessed, her voice laced with bitterness. "My father saw me as a disgrace and banished me from our home. I found refuge with my boyfriend's family." Listening intently, Misuze observed Miyuki's demeanor, sensing the pain buried beneath her words. "Miyuki," she probed gently, "how strong was the bond between you and your sister?" A flicker of sadness crossed Miyuki's face as she reminisced. "We were inseparable," she recalled wistfully. "Despite being exiled, my sister and I remained close. Her untimely death has left a void in my heart."

Before Misuze could delve deeper into their conversation, Miyuki's eyes widened with recognition, and she interjected urgently, "Yes, her necklace! It was a family heirloom bestowed upon her by our mother during her childhood. Our mother, steeped in the ancient blood arts of our lineage, imparted her knowledge to Mizuki."

"Blood arts? Vampires?" Misuze queried, intrigued by the revelation.

Miyuki shook her head. " No no, Our mother hailed from the Yokai lineage. Although we didn't inherit her supernatural abilities, Mizuki possessed a fraction of her power. That's why our mother trained her in secret." Taking diligent notes, Misuze absorbed every detail. "Was there anything distinctive about Mizuki's gemstone necklace?" she inquired further.
Miyuki's voice cracked with emotion as she recalled her sister's words. "Mizuki believed the gem chose her," she revealed. "She thought it was intertwined with our family's blood arts. Mizuki was an extraordinary sister. I cherished her deeply."  Tears welled up in Miyuki's eyes as she expressed her longing for justice. "I want those responsible for my sister's demise to pay dearly," she confessed. "If only I could make them suffer for their heinous deeds."

Apologizing for veering off-topic, Miyuki emphasized the profound connection between her sister and the necklace, a bond that transcended mere sentimentality. Moved by Miyuki's anguish, Misuze clasped her hand in solidarity. "Miss Miyuki, I vow to uncover the truth and bring justice to Mizuki's name." Grateful for Misuze's assurance, Miyuki embraced her tightly, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Thank you, Zakura-san. I place my trust in you." With a reassuring smile, Misuze reciprocated the embrace, determined to unravel the mystery surrounding Mizuki's death and provide closure for her grieving sister.