24. DOMESTICITY

MON'S POV

“No matter how I look at it, there’s just no way for two of us to stay at this massive house,” I said, still impressed at how big the house that our family gave as our wedding gift.

“Then, you want to bring everyone to live here? Do you want to open a charity house? So kind of you. Later, we can change the sign at the front gate to 'Kornkarmon's Charity House'. Whoever needs it just packs their bag and lives with us. Maybe the house will become smaller that way.”

“Ha.Ha. So funny…” I rolled my eyes, unimpressed with her jokes.

'Why there's nobody warned me about her obscene mouth? And don't let me start with her nagging…’

“You’re cursing me in your mind, right? I know that look.”

“Well, you deserve it.” I throw my eyes out of the window, appreciating the view.

Today, we will officially move to our new house, straight from the hotel, and the tiredness from yesterday still lingering.

We are now entering the neighbourhood. Yes, you heard it right,

Our neighborhood.

Where we will sail the ark of our marriage, the place that will witness everything from now on.

“Here we are!” She announced as she pulled over the car in the front yard of our house.

‘Our home’

I spotted my red Ferrari under the car porch.

'It must be our chauffeur driving it here.’

And what got my attention was the Bugatti Chiron next to it. It is the Hermes edition! The design itself screams luxury.

“Is that also yours?” I asked Sam while pointing at the car.

“Of course! If not, how can I get my hand to this beauty right here.” She said smugly, lightly tapping her beloved car.

Not to mention, her superbike that we rode on our first date is also parked there.

“Let's go!” She leads the way to the front door.

The house itself is a stunning two-storey modernist residence, boasting a size that rivals that of a villa.

Upon entering the high front door, we are welcomed by a stylish hallway.

To the left of the hallway, a built-in shoe cabinet stands, while on the right, there's a cosy lounge space featuring a wall mirror, ideal for quick self-checks before stepping out

As we venture further into the house, we encounter a striking curved staircase with tempered glass railings leading to the upper floor.

Adjacent to it is a spacious living room that can only be equated to half the size of a football field.

The room includes an inviting L-shaped sofa, a coffee table, extra seating, and a massive 70-inch smart TV complemented by a top-of-the-line sound system mounted on the wall.

Towards the right, a sliding door opens up to a charming mini-garden, exuding freshness with its neatly trimmed grass. Adorned with a miniature waterfall, the garden features a pebble path leading to a lounge area outfitted with wooden flooring and a lengthy sofa.

This outdoor relaxation spot includes a roof canopy, providing shelter from direct sunlight.

Next is my favourite. The kitchen!

As I walked into the kitchen, my mouth fell open in astonishment as I took in the sight before me.

“Wahh” Even Sam can't help but be impressed.