Chapter 13: Christmas

The Christmas arrived very quickly. Cass, Ivy and surprisingly Alissa decided to spend it with Astrea at number 12 Grimmauld Place, and Lucy at the Malfoy Manor. Harry and Ron stayed at Hogwarts and Hermione went home.

Ivy and Alissa learned a lot about how wizards celebrate Christmas too. Alissa and Ivy were welcomed by Walburga unexpectedly. Unfortunately, the Black family house elf Kreacher despised the duo muttering things like "Filthy Blood traitors and Mudbloods." He also earned a scolding from his dear mistress.

They were decorating a huge Christmas tree on Christmas Eve when Lucy, Draco and her parents arrived at the Black Manor. Lucy hugged Cassie while Draco Greeted Astrea. Let's say the Malfoy couple wasn't too thrilled about muggle hugs and Alissa & Ivy joining them.

"Hope you had a great year Sweetie!" Narcissa gave some air kisses to Astrea who smiled happily.

"Hello, cousin! We missed you!" Cass said still hugging her dear cousin Lucy. Ivy also came down from decorating and hugged Lucy tightly.

Later, They sat at the dinner table. Ivy was about to start a conversation when Astrea reminded her it's rude to talk while eating. As they sat around the table, the only noise that filled the room was the clinking of cutlery against plates. It was a peaceful moment, with everyone lost in their own thoughts, savouring the delicious meal that was spread out in front of them.

Later They discussed their adventures and academic progress with each other. When it was time for presents, there were also presents for Ivy and Alissa too. Ivy was so happy as it was her first Christmas celebrated properly. Astrea's Grandma welcomed them and told them they could visit them anytime. 

Meanwhile, at Hogwarts Harry and Ron were also celebrating Christmas very happily. Just like Ivy, Harry was thrilled that he got presents too. He got his father's invisibility cloak, Some chocolate frogs from Hermione and a jumper from Mrs Weasley with the letter 'H' on it as Presents.

They have also heard about the Philosopher's Stone and Harry had promised Hermione that he would check the restricted section of their library for information about Nicolas Flamel. 

So Later at night, he got out his invisibility cloak and wore it. He tiptoed towards the Library with a lantern. But in the middle of his search in the restricted section, he found a rather odd-looking book which when opened screamed. This shocked Harry as he dropped his lantern and ran under the invisibility cloak. And just in time too. Filch came there suspecting any children but there was no one.

Harry went inside an empty classroom to hide from Filch. This was the same classroom which had the mirror of Erised. As his sister had done earlier, he went in front of it to see his whole family including another red-headed boy whom he was informed was his triplet brother who was dead and two Men, one with Black wavy hair and the other with brown shabby hair with scars on his face. He stared at it for like three hours when he finally came to reality and went to bed thinking he would tell Ron about this the next day.

The next day, Harry told Ron what happened, saying that he wanted to go back and show him his family. Harry couldn't eat all day; he couldn't think of anything except seeing his parents—not even Flamel.

That night, Ron and Harry returned to the mirror of Erised. Harry once again saw his family. But Ron couldn't see anything, so Harry placed him alone in front of the Mirror. However, Ron doesn't see Harry's family or his own family; instead, Ron sees an older version of himself as Head Boy and Captain of the Quidditch team, holding both the House Cup and the Quidditch Cup. Excitedly, Ron asked Harry if he thought the Mirror showed the future. Harry said it can't, as all of his family members are dead.

 Harry asked to have another look, but Ron wanted to look a little longer. They started to push each other out of the way, but a noise in the corridor startled them. Ron threw the Cloak over them as Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, entered. When she left, Ron pulled Harry out of the room and back to their dorm. The next day, Ron realized that The mirror is still plaguing Harry. Ron told Harry he shouldn't go back that night, but Harry refused to listen.

The third night Harry returned alone. Harry sat down in front of the mirror, knowing that nothing could prevent him from staying there all night with his family.
Dumbledore appeared quietly behind him, noting that Harry had discovered "the delights of the Mirror of Erised." Dumbledore explained that it shows "the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts." Dumbledore then warned Harry that the Mirror provides "neither knowledge nor truth," and that people have "wasted away before it" and have "been driven mad" by what it shows.

 Dumbledore said that the mirror would be moved to a new home the next day, and asked that Harry not to look for it again. Before Harry went, he asked what Dumbledore saw in the Mirror. Dumbledore said that he sees himself "holding a pair of thick, woollen socks." When Harry is back in bed, he realises that Dumbledore might not have been telling the truth. However, he also realized that it had been a very personal question.

A/N - Hi Guys!!! I hope this update was good. Sorry, I couldn't do this earlier. Btw, what do you think Dumbledore actually saw in the mirror of Erised? In my honest opinion, I think he might've seen his family including his brother Aberforth and sister Ariana and his parents. Or, He might have seen himself making out with Grindelwald. Well, we don't know I guess.