Chapter 3:The Sorting Hat

[Professor Mcgonagall leads everyone through two large doors and into the great hall, where there are four long tables with thousands of students. The roof appears to be the sky.]

" It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History" Hermione bragged to some students who seemed awed at the ceiling. Alissa Noticed this and Felt annoyed."Will you ever shut up sister?" She facepalmed. 

McGonagall leads the first years to the front where the Sorting hat lies on the stool " Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

Dumbledore rises from the table and starts to speak."I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the Forbidden Forest is strictly forbidden to all the students. Also, our caretaker Mr.Filch [shows a ragged old man with his red-eyed cat]has asked me to remind you that the 3rd-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who doesn't wish to die a slow, most painful death. Thank you." He sits down. 

Cassiopeia was astonished that their headmaster would say something like that so she told Lucy in a hushed whisper "Did he just motivate half the troublemakers in this hall to check the 3rd-floor corridor?"

 After Dumbledore's speech, McGonagall Declared the start of the sorting."When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger."

Hermione whispered to herself nervously "Oh, no. Okay, Relax."She climbs the steps to the Sorting hat sitting on the stool.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you." Ron mocked the way Mione motivated herself. 

Harry nodded his head in agreement

Alissa was a little embarrassed by her twin's behavior." And unfortunately, that's my sister." She rolled her eyes but Lucy defended Hermione."That's not nice though. She's your sister after all."

Hermione sat on the stool and McGonagall placed the sorting hat on her head. The Sorting hat started talking to Hermione." Ah, right...then...hmm.okay...Gryffindor!!"Students cheer; Hermione jumps off the chair with a smile.

McGonagall called Lucia's Brother next ." Draco Malfoy". Lucy encouraged him but he didn't care and was a little over-confident."You got this brother" Draco rolled his eyes as the tattered hat nearly freaked before touching down on Draco's head." Slytherin!"Students, including Cassiopeia, Lucy, and Alissa cheer.

Ron was talking bad about the house of Slytherin to Harry."There wasn't a wizard or a witch who was in Slytherin who didn't go bad."But Alissa was taken aback by his talk and made him back up from the talk.. "Say one more thing about Slytherin and I'll make you regret it."

Just then, McGonagall called Alissa."Alissa Granger"Alissa skips happily to the sorting hat. She sits down and McGonagall places the hat on her.

The Sorting hat started to make its decision." Very different from your twin, aren't you Granger? Your sister is smart but brave while you are clever and brave. Where shall I put you? You'd do well in Slytherin then again you'd do good in Gryffindor. Well then...Gryffindor!!!"Alissa Jumped down from the chair and handed the hat to McGonagall; she quickly skipped to the Gryffindor Table.

Next turn was Luciana's "Luciana Malfoy''. Cassiopeia encourages her and winks. Lucy winks back. She goes to the stool and sits on it. Mcgonagall puts the hat on her perfect hair.

The sorting hat was astonished how most of the twins in their year had different personalities." What's with so many twins this year? You are a Malfoy, yet you are very different. Especially from your brother. I'm not saying you're not clever, you are but there is a hint of bravery on you too. Well then...Better be...Slytherin!!"Lucy skips to the Slytherin table a huge applause comes from the hall. Especially from Cassiopeia.