~22~

"I love you too~"

A smile crept onto Hongjoongs face, as he buried his face into Seonghwas neck, nuzzling gently. The other smiled, then winced as he felt him pulling out, then smiled again at what they just did.

When fully out, Hongjoong turned him around, holding his waist delicately as he placed kisses wherever he could reach.

"Thank you Joongie~"

"For what?"

"Doing this with me, a-and for caring about me, no one ever really has..."

"Well I always will." He reassured. "Now let's actually shower." Seonghwa agreed with a giggle then allowed Hongjoong to guide him under the water, explaining how to clean himself but of course doing it for him anyways.

Afterwards, Seonghwa felt amazing, he'd never been so clean before and he loved the feeling. Very luckily, Hongjoong didn't seem to have any symptoms of sickness, so they were soon dressed comfortably and on their way towards the kitchen, where a breakfast of cut fruit, salmon, and boiled eggs awaited them. Wooyoung and San were already there, along with Yeosang and Jongho, the couples were always glued at the hip, really.

Noticing them at the doorway, everyone turned to them and Hongjoong was just waiting for Wooyoung to start screaming about the marks on Seonghwas neck, but then remember that the two still weren't very much acquainted. So instead, they sat in an awkward silence as the others assessed the situation, Wooyoung turning his attention to the eggs on the stove instead.

But it wasn't long before Mingi walked in, and took a look.

"Hyung?!" He half yelled at Hongjoong. "You fucking mauled him!" It was obvious he wasn't upset but very shocked and the others found it a bit funny, save for Seonghwa who was busy blushing.

Just like that, they went back to normal, the kitchen erupting in conversation as everyone came and fished themselves some of the food. Only a few minutes in, Yunho walked in, having just dropped the anchor, but the moment he made eye contact with Mingi, the younger looked away, turning to Hongjoong and whispering in his ear.

The other nodded at whatever it was he said and out he went through the other door that lead to the entrance of the deck, plate in hand. Before Yunho could even think to follow, Hongjoong called.

"Yunho, come get some food, please."

"A-alright..."

After breakfast, the crew went to work scrubbing the deck and majority cleaning up after the mess that Scylla made. Seonghwa insisted on helping, though he got tired easily using his legs, for more than one reason. As for Hongjoong, he lifted the anchor and began their short journey to the town of Argigento, in which they could restock and have a small break from the sea, which was heavily needed at least for Hongjoong after his encounter with the once beautiful monster.

The trip would take till sundown, then he'd drop anchor at the dock and first thing the next morning they'd be browsing through the shops to gather food and other necessities, maybe some non necessities too because his group deserved it.

He couldn't help but smile while imagining Seonghwas excited figure running around at the shops, asking about the things he was seeing for the first time. God, his smile was beautiful, he'd do anything to see it everyday, every second. Just thinking about it he missed the siren, turning his head just in time to see just the one he was thinking about running his way.

Letting go of the wheel, he held his arms out and Seonghwa collapsed onto him, clinging to him like a koala.

"Jooooooong, Sannies teasing meee!"

"And why ever would he do that?"

"Cause I told him that my back hurts." As he pouted, Hongjoong couldn't suppress a chuckle, patting the others head comfortingly but still unable to stop laughing. "Whattttt?"

"Well why does your back hurt love?"

"I don't knowwwww~"

"Okay, okay, then how about you keep me company for a bit, hm?" The siren smiled brightly at him, nodding and staying completely pliant as Hongjoong turned him around and held him from behind, one hand on his waist, the other on the wheel.

Though there was a noticeable height difference, he was glad he was still easily able to rest his head on Seonghwas shoulder as he told him about what they'd do the next day, watching his eyes sparkle in excitement already.

The sun neared the horizon with every passing minute, creating a golden hue on the sky and ocean, everything about the moment seemed almost unreal, like a memory, like a dream, one Hongjoong never wanted to wake from.

As he continued on, he listened to Seonghwa talking about all the wonders underwater that he'd seen, all the friends he'd made in the sea. It was heard to pay attention to much anything other than his pearly whites and crescent eyes. He was so gorgeous, so alluring.

"Joong? Joongie, are you listening?" He asked, eyes suddenly wide and doe-like. But rather than responding, Hongjoong couldn't stop himself from leaning in to the siren that had turned his head, gently connecting their lips.

Seonghwas already enormous eyes grew a size larger at the uncalled for kiss, though it wasn't long before he was melting into it, pushing himself closer and moving his plush lips against Hongjoongs. The kiss was so feverish, it made him dizzy, but it was just so sweet, his world turned honey, shiny and soft, a hazy golden yellow to match the atmosphere.

Their lips stuck together for a moment as they pulled away, a soft sound coming from the touch leaving. The sirens cheeks were the color that of his hair, his brain reduced to a puddle of confusion and an overwhelming amount of love.

For a moment, they only stared at each other, their eyes having a silent conversation, a reflection of their beautiful feelings, until Hongjoong smiled in content and brought them back to their original position.

Wanna know smth? I didn't forget this time....
I was mostly scared bc it's my last prewritten chapter and I'm out of motivation, speaking of which, I was also just going through some stuff

But I'm very very sorry, I'll do my best to write more during school and stuff, and hopefully I won't keep you guys waiting for so long

Bye everyoneeeeee<3