Chapter 61 We Need To Talk

Start from the beginning

“Honestly, I don't know whether it's pride, prejudice, or incompetence”. Clark said with displeasure.

He wasn't annoyed about her tone. He could already judge from the first sentence that this fat lady would be even more difficult to get along with than the stubborn general.

People in power could be like that, he didn't mind. But the fact that Amazo was lost due to someone's ego pissed him off.

As long as the League was informed, no matter how stretched thin they were, someone would have been on standby in case anything went wrong.

He had cooperated with Lane concerning similar matters several times.

And now..... Into the hands of someone like Bruno Mannheim, for that matter. Who knows who that guy would sell the Android to.

Maybe Diana was right, Perhaps they should have pushed harder and refused to give up the Android.

And now, this happens.

Clark felt regret and worry.

Amanda Waller on screen looked like she had eaten a fly.

Her chest heaved up and down as she tried her hardest to pacify her fury before remarking.

“We had the situation under control ...... Unfortunately, our team had ........ Complications”.

The thought of a traitor being within her strike team made her clench her fists and gnash her teeth.

The operation date, and route, was tightly guarded. No one but her and her team knew when the transport was supposed to take place.

As long as the location wasn't leaked, then everything would be fine.

But the heavens seem to have a grudge against her.

There was nothing she could say about this. The Android was lost, and she would definitely bear the brunt of it.

Those enemies she had made in Congress certainly wouldn't forfeit the chance to inflict serious injuries on her career.......

The more she thought of it, the angrier she became.

Amanda had already made up her mind. That Goddamn traitor would undoubtedly die, and she would be the one to kill him herself.

“Let's cut to the chase. I have to get back to the league and inform my team on the missing Android. AMAZO is now out there, and I feel we all have something better we could be doing with our precious time, so what did you call me for?” Clark cut in sharply.

For this character, Superman certainly wouldn't give a good face.

Silence.........

Looking at the screen, Waller's silence lasted for a few seconds, before she finally spoke.

“We need you to contact him”. Her tone sounded slightly exasperated.

Even when asking for something, she refused to use the word “help”. It could be seen how "anti-hero" this lady was.

“Who?”

“....... The Alien”.

“..... You don't mean......” The Man Of Steel had his eyes flash with slight surprise before his face grew stern.

“..... Exactly who you think”. The day woman replied.

“Why?” Clark said with a hint of displeasure. The thought of meeting Amari after all that had happened, honestly didn't sit well with him.

It had only been more than a week. Clark would honestly not want to involve himself with him anytime soon.

Also, what gave them the idea that the Justice League was on good terms with him to initiate contact?