37. blood and rings

Start from the beginning

Hermione rolled her eyes at Draco's comment.

"The Ice Queen and Shit Senior? No offence but I would rather have no parents than them as one," Via muttered.

"What did you say?" Draco clenched his fist.

Via narrowed her eyes and was about to take a step closer to Draco but was stopped by Rory who laid her hand on her shoulder.

"Don't engage," Rory said to her little sister.

"I am better than any of you. I don't spend my time with blood-traitors and mudbloods," Draco scoffed under his breath but not quietly enough.

Rory heard him.

In all honesty Rory had not planned to punch Malfoy but the second she heard him say those words, she couldn't help herself. Her fist made contact with his nose within seconds, surprising everyone around them. Olive gasped in shock, her hand flying over her mouth while Via, bless her, started to laugh. She knew she shouldn't have but the sight was pretty funny.

"Shit..." cursed Rory when she realised what she had done. There was a small part in her that was rather proud — she knew she shouldn't feel so but she did — but mostly she felt embarrassed for letting her feelings take such a control of her.

"My god," gasped Hermione but she wasn't upset with her girlfriend's behaviour.

In fifteen minutes, Rory, Olive, Via and Hermione were sitting in Dumbledore's office with Malfoy and waiting for Lord and Lady Malfoy, and Mr Bee to join them. When it came to Hogwarts business, Effy and Mr Bee were the ones the school reached out when it was necessary. Miss Moore wasn't on that list since she didn't know anything about magic which was for the girls' safety. She would go feral and probably burn the sisters at stake if she was ever to find out.

Effy was unable to come that afternoon — she was too busy scrubbing toilets at Raffedy so she sent Mr Bee to her sisters instead.

The floo-point at Dumbledore's office went on and two tall, blonde figures appeared. After them came Professor McGonagall who was there to escort Mr Bee to Hogwarts.

"Mr Bee," Via and Rory sighed and ran to their uncle, giving him a big hug.

"Hi girls," said Mr Bee, pressing gentle pecks on their temples before Rory and Via stepped away from the hug.

"What happened?" Mr Bee asked with a worried expression while Draco's parents were fussing over their son, gasping at the sight of his slightly bruised nose.

Rory nudged her head towards the family of three. Noticing the blonde boy's bruised nose Mr Bee realised what had happened. He knew of Draco Malfoy and his family, and he knew how the boy had bullied the sisters and their friends for years now. Mr Bee has never seen Draco or the other Malfoys but they looked much like he had expected them to — tall, blonde and judgemental looking.

"Did you put your weight on it?" Mr Bee grimaced, referring to the punch Rory had thrown at Malfoy.

"Of course I did," Rory rolled her eyes while Via snickered next to her. "I'm not that stupid."

"But stupid enough to punch someone," said Mr Bee although he didn't seem too upset with Rory's behaviour. "And now you have to face the consequences."

Rory sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose before turning to Hermione and Olive who both in their turn greeted Mr Bee. The Malfoys were frantically waving their arms around, both adults sending deadly glares at Rory for hurting their son. She understood them — she would act the same if someone hurt her sisters.

"Now I think we should sort this out," Dumbledore finally spoke, looking up from his desk and the two families. The one was very traditional with two parents and their child while the other family was anything but. There were two sisters out of four present. A man who was not related to the sisters and a friend who was basically family and Hermione Granger, someone even Dumbledore could tell, has spent more time with Rory March than ever before.