35. all for one and one for all

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

all for one and one for all

Harry spent more time in detention than in class. Somewhere during the first week of school Via joined him — she could no longer keep her mouth shut when it came to Umbridge and her methods of teaching. Finn Attway joined his girlfriend in no time once he had accidentally set off one of George and Fred Weasley's newest products in Umbridge's classroom.

Soon there were more people in detention than in class. There wasn't a single student who liked Umbridge except for a handful of Slytherins who seemed to be in cahoots with the giant candy floss.

"What are you doing?" Rory sat down next to Hermione.

Hermione has spent more and more time in the school's library lately but it wasn't to study — a fact that made Rory nervous.

There was a big basket full of different coloured yarns and tiny little hats. Rory frowned, taking a hat from the basket and looked at it with nothing but confusion on her face.

"This is too small for you," she observed.

"It's not for me" Hermione said, not looking up from her lap where there was yet another small hat in the making.

"Crookshanks?" Rory asked.

Hermione chuckled. "No. These are for the house-elves."

"Aaah," said Rory and sat down on the table next to Hermione's seat. She crossed her legs, leaning her back and head towards the brick wall behind her. "So you are still on S.P.E.W?"

"Of course," said Hermione and turned to Rory with a smile. "Do you know how to knit hats?"

Rory didn't know how to knit hats but she knew how to knit leg warmers. It was a useful or a not so useful skill she had learnt back in grade school before Hogwarts. So she started to knit leg warmers for house-elves. She didn't think her Friday night would include knitting but anything was better than to spend evening in detention with Dolores Umbridge.

"Are you giving these out for Christmas?" Rory asked, taking a glance at Hermione.

She was so lost in her thoughts but yet extremely focused in her work. She had her tongue slightly out, a clear sign she was concentrating. Rory thought it was perhaps the single cutest thing she has ever seen — Hermione knitting small hats to house-elves.

Hermione nodded absent-mindedly. "I hope I will get them all finished by then."

"But the looks of it, you will. I didn't even know you knit," chuckled Rory.

"My granny taught me," Hermione explained. "She loves to knit. I think everything I have ever gotten from her are knitted jumpers, socks, hats and so on."