15. not brilliant but ok

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

not brilliant but ok

Rory was friends with Harry Potter.

They didn't exactly spend much time together but were familiar with each other. They would greet each other when passing by the corridors. Harry was even more familiar with Effy March who would defend him whenever Professor Snape was giving Harry a hard time for no reason ― Effy didn't care so much about Harry but did everything in her power to annoy Snape.

Harry was nice, grew up in a muggle world just like Rory and her sisters although unlike Harry, they knew about magic growing up. He also grew up without his parents but was raised by his aunt and her family although Rory hasn't heard anything good about them.

After wondering and thinking, planning and doing pros and cons list, Rory decided Harry Potter would be the right person for her to go to the Yule Ball with. Lara and Via agreed with their sister since there was literally no one else in the entire school Rory would even consider going with, or there was, but Rory didn't want to admit it.

Rory had hoped that perhaps the rumours she's heard about the Yule Ball but her dreams were squashed when the official announcement of the Yule Ball was given one afternoon by Professor Flitwick.

"I could just say I'm sick once the day comes," said Rory.

She was walking towards the Great Hall for supper with Via and Olive keeping her company.

Olive snickered. "I have a feeling that won't work. If they are making you take part at the tournament, I bet they are making you go to the ball as well."

"If we're being completely honest, it's just Dumbledore who's making me do this. McGonagall didn't approve and neither did Flitwick. Sprout didn't say anything but shot a nasty look at the Headmaster so I think she's not on his side either," Rory explained, remembering the conversations and arguments which she had with Dumbledore some months ago.

"Oh about that, Effy sent another letter to the Ministry," said Via, though everyone knew a letter wasn't going to do anything. "At least she still tries..."

Rory shook her head. "After the stunt I managed to pull by pure luck during the first task, I don't believe anyone can change Dumbledore's mind."

They made their way to the Great Hall where supper had already started. Rory and Olive made their way to the Ravenclaw table, asking their roommate Rhea to move a little more to her right so that Via could have a seat too.

"Look at that. Hermione's handing out something," Olive said halfway through supper when Hermione walked around the Great Hall, giving out small objects that looked a lot like badges.