8. miss march vs. dumbledore

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

miss march vs. dumbledore

Rory wasn't someone who breaks the rules ― that job belongs to Via or sometimes Effy. The one and only time Rory March sister has ever broken a rule was nearly a decade ago when she took an extra cookie after dinner. That was the worst thing she's ever done so there was no chance that she had placed her name in the Goblet of Fire.

She wasn't even of age.

But apparently none of that mattered. Her name was in that goblet and it made her the second Hogwarts champion. Dumbledore didn't even hesitate when reading her name nor did he argue when Professor McGonagall and even Professor Snape were almost yelling at him, arguing that Rory should not enter the competition.

"She can't Albus!" Hissed McGonagall and waved her arms frantically around like she was trying to catch a fly. "She's not of age and she said she didn't even put her name in that goblet."

"I hate to defend Minerva but she is right. Besides, Hogwarts already has a champion," agreed Severus.

As outraged or if not even more, were Igor Karkaroff and Madam Maxine who believed Albus was trying to cheat so that Hogwarts would have better chances in winning the Triwizard Cup.

But no one seemed to be interested in Rory's feelings as she was nearly hyperventilating in the far corner of the room while everyone else were arguing. The only person who seemed to be concerned was Cedric who was trying to help Rory but his efforts did not make a difference.

"But her name came from the Goblet. We can't just ignore it. It's the rules," said Dumbledore and his voice was way too calm for a Headmaster whose student was the target of a nasty joke.

"The rules also say that only one champion from each school," Madam Maxine said with her thick French accent. "She should be disqualified immediately."

Rory snapped her head towards Madam Maxine, thanking her for the very reasonable suggestion. Under no circumstances did Rory want to compete in the Tournament. She shrugged Cedric's hand from her shoulder and walked up to the professors.

"Can I say something?" She asked and finally made the adults in the room pay some attention to her. "Thanks. As I said before, I did not sign up for this and I don't how my name was suddenly in the Goblet. But what I do know is that I don't want this so can't we just do as Madam Maxine here reasonably suggested?"

Though Rory wasn't a Gryffindor, Professor McGonagall had a soft spot for Rory and her sisters. They reminded her of some people from the past ― people she taught years ago. She turned to Albus once again with a firm look which many students knew to be afraid of.