Chapter 4: Last Chance

Knowing that my mother made me lose the man that I had an actual liking for hurt. I didn't want to believe my own mom would take away someone from me. I had in my heart that my sister did this because she liked JoeL and wanted me to be with him after telling her many times that JoeL wasn't meant for me in a lot of ways. It really hit me to realize, yes, my mom was right in protecting me for the fact I was only fifteen and he was nineteen, me and JoeL had that same age gap so I didn't see the big deal. Though, she ran off the wrong one. Mom ran off JoeL the final time I came back before settling into West Virginia. JoeL was in my life on and off for about nine to ten years, it was a long time. JoeL was out of my life once and for all, I got to move on. I did move on as mentioned, I dated many others and I mean, many. I didn't mention any of the others names because it is a lot to take in. Nearly four years of finally asking him again after we both went through rough breakups from his ex back in Tennessee and mine here in West Virginia. It was my last chance, a now or never ordeal.

After my final ex, I didn't want to waste any time moving on. It was only a week for me. A week, you say? Yes, a week. Honestly, I was done with the last guy that I didn't give a shit what happened besides getting Larry. So, I shoot my shot that Friday after dealing with an asshole to put it nicely and practically messaged Larry with no hesitation and said, "I am single and you are single, will you go out with me?" It was a bit longer than that but the response I got wasn't what I expected. He replied, "Let me think about it and I will give you an answer in a few days." A few days turned into a week later the only response I got was "Yes!" and I didn't remember what he said yes too, I am laughing at this cause my parents went through this too when my dad proposed to my mom and it took her a few months to get back to my dad before he went off to the Navy after High School. Oh yes, to add, I messaged him while he was at a bookstore in Georgia with a boss, so it was perfect timing since I love bookstores. What made him say yes? His step-dad brought up his ex during lunch or something on the job and well, he made that decision to be with me because he wanted nothing to do with his ex that destroyed him even more. This last chance gave us both what we needed, someone to love each other and rebuild our bond again. The bond that was stolen from us because I was an innocent teen just looking for someone to understand me and see me as someone special.