Chapter 13: Melanie's Coming Out, Separation, and New Job

Larry found a job again at the Little General in Flatwoods that March, he got hired on automatically they literally handed him the job without any extra information needed. We were slowly getting on track of trying to love one another again, I mean, it worked with him being local again but there was more to us being together in the same household that I couldn't take. It wasn't the job, it was more the fact that we couldn't fix what was destroyed. He had been two years out of him being AWP. I still had hate, dishonesty, and bitterness. We had quit any sexual contact with one another.

My decision to separate myself from Larry began in June, two weeks after his birthday this became our longest struggle of not only living together but it would descend our love for one another. He broke down and cried for nearly a week because it hurt so bad. It didn't hit me until later on in the year. Dating others and being off and on was a struggle also no lie we still made love but I believe that helped rebuild us too. Dating apps like Facebook Dating sucks. When he dated this woman Kayla back in October of that year, I was severely jealous of him loving this woman let alone he slept with her within the time frame from October to December. They broke up after Christmas because they pretty much used each other as rebounds. I also slept with one person that year in December, her name was Melissa, we didn't stay together due to her being dirty (not cleaned) and using me for her pleasure their was no love between us. Now you would think that would have brought us back together right away. No, no it didn't because I was still stuck in my head that I had to be with a woman over him. Why? Because that is what society expected of me, especially the lesbians I spoke with.

Before Melanie started her seventh grade year in June, she came to me asking if she could talk to me, and of course, she is always welcome to come to me. She said, "Mom, please don't be mad at me but I think I am transgender, I want to be a boy, I hate my body and don't want to be this way anymore." I replied, "Dear child, you are loved and accepted as you are in my eyes. You can be a boy, do you have a name or anything you prefer." She didn't at the time but felt relieved that I was an accepting parent though I would never deny my child the right to who HE is. And not long after that HE came to me that he is gay and likes boys. Melanie went to Kamryn Ray Boyce because he liked Cameron Boyce from Descendants at the time. We all ended up calling him Kammie.

Not being with Larry made Kammie's school life hell. Kammie struggled so hard and home life wasn't the same. My lifestyle and separating from Larry didn't make anything easy. Also because I felt that if I could just end it with me and him then I could move on from the years I didn't have him. Yes, him working locally again helped, it improved our home life but our lives were still in the ways of fixing us.